The Coen brothers long-rumored project about a struggling 1960s folk musician is finally taking shape. A spokesperson for the Oscar-winning filmmakers confirms a Variety report that StudioCanal is co-financing Inside Llewyn Davis. Though the film still lacks a distributor, producers Scott Rudin and Robert Graf, who also worked on True Grit and No Country for Old Men, are involved. In June, it was confirmed that the musical film will be set in Greenwich Village during the height of the folk-music scene.
Coen brothers line up folks for 'Inside Llewyn Davis'
Latest Videos in Movies
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 25 greatest TV spies ever
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- Binge watcher rises to EW's 24-hour Emmy challenge, adds live Twitter commentary
- Seth Meyers on hosting the Emmys: 'You want to keep the jokes fresh'
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- Nicki Minaj vs. Taylor Swift video showdown: Pick your winner
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?