The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
'Iron Man 3' heads to North Carolina
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 19 TV Shows We'll Be Checking Out in 2015