The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
'Iron Man 3' heads to North Carolina
Latest Videos in Movies
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1
- Comic-Con '14 through YOUR lens: Day 1
- Comic-Con '14: Celebs make the rounds, day 1
- Morgan Freeman + helium: Act II
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Reign' sneak peek: Black Death hits France
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived