The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
'Iron Man 3' heads to North Carolina
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Terminator: Genisys': Meet the main characters/cast in EW exclusive portraits
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': First Look at the Bennet sisters
- 'Terminator: Genisys': What we saw on the set--and hints on new twists
- 'Party Down South 2' trailer: No sleep 'til Biloxi
- 'Inherent Vice': First Look at cover art for movie tie-in edition of novel
- 'Terminator: Genisys' storyboards: EW exclusive peek
- 'AHS: Freak Show'; 'Survivor'; 'Arrow'; 'Nashville'; 'Top Chef'; more TV recaps
- Jim Carrey nails McConaughey voice again: 'All I gotta do is let go of the illusion that I exist'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise
- This week's cover: First look at 'Terminator: Genisys'