The next installment in the Iron Man superhero film franchise will shoot in North Carolina. Marvel Studios will film Iron Man 3 starring Robert Downey Jr. in Wilmington, with pre-production starting soon and work in the state lasting about 10 months. State film office head Aaron Syrett said Thursday it will be the largest production to shoot in North Carolina. The production is expected to create 550 jobs for tradesmen, technicians and other crew members and more than 1,000 spots for actors and other talent.
'Iron Man 3' heads to North Carolina
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Project Runway All Stars': Look who's back for another round
- Andrew Rannells talks 'Hedwig,' 'Book of Mormon,' 'Girls'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And our first night scores are...
- 'Facts of Life' cast reunites, shares memories at PaleyFest
- 'Castle' cast gets slap-happy in season 6 gag reel
- Bill Hader reminisces about Stefon with TV hubby Seth Meyers
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Flash': How it went from concept to series in 5 superfast steps
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Tapestry Revealed
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4