She’s learned at the feet of Woody Allen and Sofia Coppola in films like Match Point and Lost in Translation, and now, Scarlett Johansson is ready to direct her own movie. Her representative confirms a Variety report that she will helm an adaptation of Summer Crossing, a Truman Capote novella about a teenage debutante who rebels against her penthouse parents and their high-society ways. Capote began writing it 1943, when he himself was still a teen, but it wasn’t published until after his death, 62 years later. Playwright Tristine Skyler will pen the screenplay, and Johansson will not play a role in front of the camera.
Scarlett Johansson to direct Capote's 'Summer Crossing'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead' is 'Lord of the Rings'? Rick is Aragorn, Carl is Frodo...
- 'Once Upon a Time': Lana Parrilla and Jennifer Morrison preview SwanQueen episode
- Monica Potter describes her perfect 'Parenthood' ending
- ’Supernatural,' 'Once Upon a Time,' 'Newsroom,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Benedict Cumberbatch tries to walk like Beyonce; let the memes begin...
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Shameless' season 5 trailer hints at plenty of new twists
- 'Justified' season 6 teaser welcomes Raylan back for his farewell season
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- TLC cancels 'Honey Boo Boo'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- See the first teaser for the final season of 'Justified'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist