Matt Damon has postponed the opportunity to direct his first film, handing the project he co-wrote with John Krasinski and Dave Eggers off to Good Will Hunting director Gus Van Sant. Entertainment Weekly can confirm a New York Magazine report that Damon, who will still star opposite Krasinski and Frances McDormand in the film, stepped back when he realized he was unable to commit to the extensive preproduction that would be required of him as the director. Production is tentatively slated to begin this April.
Matt Damon postpones directing; Gus Van Sant steps in
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'