Nine years after Bruce Almighty, Universal is plotting a second coming. (Or technically a third.) EW has confirmed a Variety report that the studio has plans to reunite Jim Carrey with the Yes Man writers (Jarrad Paul and Andrew Mogel) for a new chapter in the life of the newscaster who is handed God’s powers and responsibilities after complaining about the big man’s negligence. The 2003 film, which co-starred Morgan Freeman as God, Jennifer Aniston as Bruce’s girlfriend, and Steve Carell as his hated rival, grossed more than $484 million worldwide, making it Carrey’s biggest hit. This wouldn’t be the first Bruce sequel; Evan Almighty attempted to hand the reins over to Carell’s character, but that expensive, effects-heavy 2007 film underperformed and barely grossed $100 million.
Jan 10 2012 09:37 PM ET
And lo, Universal said to 'Bruce': Maketh a sequel
- 'American Idol': Lowest-rated finale ever
- 'Office' ratings surge for series finale
- 'Office' finale reaction: Yay or nay?
- Grand Canyon tightrope walk on TV in June
- 'Big Bang Theory': Big finale for Raj
- 'Ugly Betty' meets her 'Romeo'?
- Music on TV: What's THAT finale song?
- 'Vampire Diaries': Post-'Grad' plans?
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie