One of the most unique-sounding Sundance films this year has to be Shut Up and Play the Hits, which follows LCD Soundsystem frontman James Murphy in the days leading up to and immediately after his beloved act’s final live performance, at Madison Square Garden last April. Directed by Dylan Southern and Will Lovelace, Shut Up intercuts concert footage with intimate access to Murphy as he deals with the fallout from his decision to walk away from such a successful enterprise. The film premieres on Sunday, Jan. 22, at Sundance. In the meantime, check out the very cool looking trailer below.
LCD Soundsystem says farewell with Sundance entry 'Shut Up and Play the Hits' -- EXCLUSIVE TRAILER
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- 'Top Model' First Look: Pretty and twisted
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- TV recaps: 'Project Runway,' 'Big Brother'
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-5
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- STAHP in the name of love 967
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 465
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe 'Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- 'Big Brother' recap: Tell me about the rabbits, Caleb