Oscars 2012 red carpet: George Clooney and Viola Davis win awards... from EW -- VIDEO
Last night, were you hoping to see the likes of Viola Davis and George Clooney pick up awards? Well, you’re in luck — though the actors didn’t win Oscars for their work in The Help and The Descendants this year, they did nab special awards from Entertainment Weekly, who reported from the Kodak Theater’s red carpet before the ceremony. Sure, winning Most Inspirational Speaker and Least Skin Shown in a Hawaii Movie might not be as satisfying as a little gold man, but at least they didn’t walk away empty-handed! What EW awards did Jason Segel, Jean Dujardin, Kristen Wiig, Glenn Close, and more win? Watch the video after the jump to find out, and to see a bonus performance from Rio‘s Original Song nominees. Hey, if Oscar won’t let them perform, we definitely will!
For more on the Academy Awards, see live video from behind the scenes at the awards at Oscar.com.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Empire Strikes Back' live-read photos, including Mark Hamill as the Emperor
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Amazing Race' season finale recap: And the winners are...
- 'Amazing Race' behind-the-scenes pics from Phil Keoghan's season 25 collection
- 'Parenthood,' 'Parks and Rec,' Agent Carter,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Kevin Hart as Will Ferrell's prison-life coach in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 'Daredevil' First Look: New photos from Netflix series
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Jeff Probst reveals the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see...and it's the best thing ever
- Kevin Hart teaches Will Ferrell to survive prison in 'Get Hard' trailer
- 19 TV Shows We'll Be Checking Out in 2015