Oscars 2012 red carpet: George Clooney and Viola Davis win awards... from EW -- VIDEO
Last night, were you hoping to see the likes of Viola Davis and George Clooney pick up awards? Well, you’re in luck — though the actors didn’t win Oscars for their work in The Help and The Descendants this year, they did nab special awards from Entertainment Weekly, who reported from the Kodak Theater’s red carpet before the ceremony. Sure, winning Most Inspirational Speaker and Least Skin Shown in a Hawaii Movie might not be as satisfying as a little gold man, but at least they didn’t walk away empty-handed! What EW awards did Jason Segel, Jean Dujardin, Kristen Wiig, Glenn Close, and more win? Watch the video after the jump to find out, and to see a bonus performance from Rio‘s Original Song nominees. Hey, if Oscar won’t let them perform, we definitely will!
For more on the Academy Awards, see live video from behind the scenes at the awards at Oscar.com.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Big Brother'; 'Project Runway': TV recaps
- 'Parks and Rec' gag reel: Don't miss your chance to see Ron Swanson dance
- 'St. Vincent' director's long road to Bill Murray: 'Can you meet me at LAX in an hour?'
- 'Criminal Minds' plans tribute to Meshach Taylor
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 13 tell-tale signs it's from Frank Miller
- 'Simpsons' writers share 15 tips to survive your 12-day marathon session
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- 'Mythbusters' reveal Comic-Con costume, show how to make Indiana Jones' bullwhip
- 'Dating Naked' trailer: And you thought Tinder was brutal (NSFW)
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'