Oscars 2012 red carpet: George Clooney and Viola Davis win awards... from EW -- VIDEO
Last night, were you hoping to see the likes of Viola Davis and George Clooney pick up awards? Well, you’re in luck — though the actors didn’t win Oscars for their work in The Help and The Descendants this year, they did nab special awards from Entertainment Weekly, who reported from the Kodak Theater’s red carpet before the ceremony. Sure, winning Most Inspirational Speaker and Least Skin Shown in a Hawaii Movie might not be as satisfying as a little gold man, but at least they didn’t walk away empty-handed! What EW awards did Jason Segel, Jean Dujardin, Kristen Wiig, Glenn Close, and more win? Watch the video after the jump to find out, and to see a bonus performance from Rio‘s Original Song nominees. Hey, if Oscar won’t let them perform, we definitely will!
For more on the Academy Awards, see live video from behind the scenes at the awards at Oscar.com.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Good Wife' season premiere recap: 'The Line'
- 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges
- 'Madam Secretary' series premiere: A diplomatic debut for Tea Leoni
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance offers a season 5 tease
- Lucy Lawless on the 'ragtag bunch' she brings to 'Agents of SHIELD'; watch a sneak peek