When River Phoenix died in 1993, the unfinished movie Dark Blood was thought to have died with him. But last year, its director, George Sluizer, began making noises about releasing the film with the possible assistance of Joaquin Phoenix, who the French director suggested could perform his brother’s voiceover. The Phoenix family quickly denied any such conversations, but that hasn’t deterred Sluizer, who’s best known for making The Vanishing and the Dutch movie it was based upon, Spoorloos. He recently cut a trailer for Dark Blood and posted it on a site dedicated to raising funds for the completion of the film, with the hopes of premiering the movie at the Dutch Film Festival in September. Take a peek.
'Dark Blood' trailer: The unfinished last film of River Phoenix
Latest Videos in Movies
- Caleb on 'Big Brother': I'd have taken Derrick to final and 'I would have won'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Bet you didn't see THAT coming
- 'Hawaii Five-0' season premiere sneak peek: McGarrett and Danno go to therapy
- 'Dating Naked: The Wedding': Naked body painting, naked drum circle, and more we saw
- 'Gotham' up, 'Selfie' down? Insiders predict fall TV rookie prospects
- 'Project Runway' recap: 'The History of the American Girl'
- 'Maze Runner': How big at the box office?
- 'Star Wars': It's the Millennium Falcon...and the Batmobile?