When River Phoenix died in 1993, the unfinished movie Dark Blood was thought to have died with him. But last year, its director, George Sluizer, began making noises about releasing the film with the possible assistance of Joaquin Phoenix, who the French director suggested could perform his brother’s voiceover. The Phoenix family quickly denied any such conversations, but that hasn’t deterred Sluizer, who’s best known for making The Vanishing and the Dutch movie it was based upon, Spoorloos. He recently cut a trailer for Dark Blood and posted it on a site dedicated to raising funds for the completion of the film, with the hopes of premiering the movie at the Dutch Film Festival in September. Take a peek.
'Dark Blood' trailer: The unfinished last film of River Phoenix
- 'SNL': How'd Jimmy and Justin do?
- Drake to host 'SNL' on Jan. 18
- Charlie Sheen: Twitter tirade vs. Phil Robertson
- 'Duck Dynasty' fans vs. Cracker Barrel
- 29 biopic stars: Best/worst likenesses
- Lord Infamous, Three 6 Mafia rapper, dies
- 20 future cult faves: From 2013 to eternity
- ‘X-Men’: Bryan Singer reveals latest changes