When River Phoenix died in 1993, the unfinished movie Dark Blood was thought to have died with him. But last year, its director, George Sluizer, began making noises about releasing the film with the possible assistance of Joaquin Phoenix, who the French director suggested could perform his brother’s voiceover. The Phoenix family quickly denied any such conversations, but that hasn’t deterred Sluizer, who’s best known for making The Vanishing and the Dutch movie it was based upon, Spoorloos. He recently cut a trailer for Dark Blood and posted it on a site dedicated to raising funds for the completion of the film, with the hopes of premiering the movie at the Dutch Film Festival in September. Take a peek.
'Dark Blood' trailer: The unfinished last film of River Phoenix
Latest Videos in Movies
- Comic-Con 2014: Doc Jensen's picks
- Comic-Con '14: 8 buzzworthy TV panels
- Comic-Con '14: 10 hot movies in San Diego
- 'Once Upon a Time': 'Storybrooke has frozen over'
- 'Better Call Saul': Billboard has the number
- Comic-Con '14: Spotlight on comics/videogames
- 'Manhattan' First Look: Atomic bombs and bombshells
- 'Drunk History': Johnny Knoxville vs. Patton Oswalt
- Robert Downey Jr. on 'Iron Man 4': 'Why give up the belt?'
- 'The Walking Dead': See Carol, Judith and Rick in exclusive new season 5 images
- Every 'The Simpsons' episode is going online
- See Carol, Judith, and Rick of 'The Walking Dead' in new season 5 images
- See Colton Haynes as Arsenal in 'Arrow' season 3