When River Phoenix died in 1993, the unfinished movie Dark Blood was thought to have died with him. But last year, its director, George Sluizer, began making noises about releasing the film with the possible assistance of Joaquin Phoenix, who the French director suggested could perform his brother’s voiceover. The Phoenix family quickly denied any such conversations, but that hasn’t deterred Sluizer, who’s best known for making The Vanishing and the Dutch movie it was based upon, Spoorloos. He recently cut a trailer for Dark Blood and posted it on a site dedicated to raising funds for the completion of the film, with the hopes of premiering the movie at the Dutch Film Festival in September. Take a peek.
May 24 2012 02:32 PM ET
'Dark Blood' trailer: The unfinished last film of River Phoenix
- 'Star Wars': New animation in fall '14
- 'SNL': New clue Jason Sudeikis to exit?
- 'Celeb Apprentice': Mr. Trump has hired...
- Justin Bieber booed at Billboard Awards
- Billboard Music Awards winners are...
- TV upfronts: Best/worst decisions
- 'Star Trek' rules at box office: $70.6M
- 'Star Trek': Ranking the TV series, movies
Find Movies and Showtimes
Choose Your Movie
- 'Survivor:' Jeff Probst talks Brenda vs. Dawn, the final challenge advantage, and new reunion show format 458
- All Cried Out 464
- A Whole New World 410
- EW.com's 4th Annual Season Finale Awards: Nominations wanted! 550
- 'Star Trek Into Darkness': Let's talk about that ending (and Benedict Cumberbatch) 374