When River Phoenix died in 1993, the unfinished movie Dark Blood was thought to have died with him. But last year, its director, George Sluizer, began making noises about releasing the film with the possible assistance of Joaquin Phoenix, who the French director suggested could perform his brother’s voiceover. The Phoenix family quickly denied any such conversations, but that hasn’t deterred Sluizer, who’s best known for making The Vanishing and the Dutch movie it was based upon, Spoorloos. He recently cut a trailer for Dark Blood and posted it on a site dedicated to raising funds for the completion of the film, with the hopes of premiering the movie at the Dutch Film Festival in September. Take a peek.
'Dark Blood' trailer: The unfinished last film of River Phoenix
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Game of Thrones' team: 7 seasons is the plan
- 'Real Housewives': The price of fame
- 10 graphic novels as movie storyboard?
- Chris Harrison's 'Bachelor' blog: 'After the Final Rose'
- 'Pretty Little Liars' react: 'Unbridled'
- 'Between Two Ferns': How Obama clip happened
- 'Veronica Mars': 10 essential episodes
- 'Flash': First look at full-body costume