Spurred by the success of the film’s 3-D theatrical re-release, Paramount Home Media Distribution and Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment have announced that Titanic will makes its Blu-ray debut on Sept. 14. The Oscar-sweeping epic will be available as a four-disc Blu-ray/DVD combo pack in both 2-D and 3-D formats, with 2.5 hours of bonus footage including a National Geographic documentary in which director James Cameron explores the wreckage of the actual Titanic. The special features will also be stocked with 30 deleted scenes, more than 60 behind-the-scenes featurettes, three commentary tracks, and 2,000 photos. For the first time, Titanic fans can download the film digitally so they’ll never have to let go of their favorite film.
'Titanic' sets course for Blu-ray release
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water': Meet the 9 pairs
- 'Pretty Little Liars' finale postmortem: (Spoiler) talks 'epic death'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- 'Walking Dead' First Look/Q&A: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- James Gandolfini's final onscreen role in 'The Drop' with Tom Hardy: Watch a featurette
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop to hit Manhattan in September
- Chelsea Handler signs off, showered with love (and Ellen DeGeneres)
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: New teaser takes viewers under the big top
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc