Cate Blanchett is in talks to play the Evil Stepmother in Disney’s live-action Cinderella movie. Entertainment Weekly has confirmed a report from The Wrap that the Oscar-winner is poised to star as the cruel widow who favors her own two selfish daughters over her beautiful stepdaughter, Cinderella. No one else has been cast yet, but Mark Romanek (Never Let Me Go) is directing a revised script from Chris Weitz (About a Boy).
Cate Blanchett in talks for 'Cinderella'
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Animal': Feast your eyes on horror poster/trailer
- 'Scandal': Is Rowan or Cyrus the biggest creep?
- Record Store Day: Droolworthy discs
- 'Petals on the Wind': First Look trailer
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Castle' goes '70s: Foxy Lanie!
- Johnny Depp: 20 hair dos and don'ts
- 'Office' series finale: Handled with Carell
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Game of Thrones' Natalie Dormer teases what's next for Margaery
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…