EW has confirmed that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the twist on the classic fairy tale, is getting a sequel. The movie, which chronicles Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel’s (Gemma Arterton) journey from innocent victims of a candy house to vengeful witch hunters, grossed $200 million globally. Although its success was met mostly overseas (the movie only earned about $50 million domestically), enthusiasm for the concept and the film itself was enough to give producers Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick a reason to give the film another installment.
'Hansel and Gretel' go back to witch hunting
- Paul Rudd + 1D visit 'SNL': EW preview
- Miley Cyrus at Jingle Ball: Santa's twerk shop
- Rebecca Black's back: This time, it's 'Saturday'
- Peter Jackson 'Smaug' alert! Dragon = Lecter
- Grammy nominations: 9 snubs/surprises
- 'HIMYM,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Sound of Music': Movie's Von Trapp kids say...
- 'Sound of Music': Laura Benanti on big night
- 'Low Winter Sun' canceled by AMC
- 'Family Guy': What's next for Brian
- Grammy nomination snubs and surprises: Justin Timberlake, Sara Bareilles, Lorde and more
- Grammy Nominations 2014: See the list of nominees
- 'Sleepy Hollow,' 'How I Met Your Mother,' 'Revolution,' 'Supernatural': Find out what's next in the Spoiler Room