EW has confirmed that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the twist on the classic fairy tale, is getting a sequel. The movie, which chronicles Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel’s (Gemma Arterton) journey from innocent victims of a candy house to vengeful witch hunters, grossed $200 million globally. Although its success was met mostly overseas (the movie only earned about $50 million domestically), enthusiasm for the concept and the film itself was enough to give producers Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick a reason to give the film another installment.
'Hansel and Gretel' go back to witch hunting
Latest Videos in Movies
- FBI officially ties North Korea to Sony hack
- 'Colbert Report' finale singalong: A complete who's who in all-star chorus
- 'Colbert Report' swan song as graceful as it gets
- 'Bates Motel' pays homage to 'Psycho' in first look at season 3
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes
- 'Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare' downloadable content enlists John Malkovich in zombie fight
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- Jeff Probst on the secret 'Survivor' ending you didn't see
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- 'Mythbusters' reveal new format, explain cast changes -- exclusive
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'People' names Kate Upton 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 'White Collar' series finale: The perfect goodbye to our favorite con artist