EW has confirmed that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the twist on the classic fairy tale, is getting a sequel. The movie, which chronicles Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel’s (Gemma Arterton) journey from innocent victims of a candy house to vengeful witch hunters, grossed $200 million globally. Although its success was met mostly overseas (the movie only earned about $50 million domestically), enthusiasm for the concept and the film itself was enough to give producers Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick a reason to give the film another installment.
'Hansel and Gretel' go back to witch hunting
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Gone Girl' review: Put it on the 'A' list
- 'Once Upon a Time' had plans for Jamie Dornan
- 'Friends' A to Z: Saluting a TV classic on its 20th anniversary
- 'Saturday Night Live' cast changes: Tracking 40 years of turnover
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who' recaps
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges
- Andrew J. West (a.k.a. mysterious baddie Gareth) talks 'Walking Dead'
- Jeff Probst's 'Survivor' scouting report: 3 pairs to keep an eye on
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- Cover up: 10 essential banned and challenged graphic novels
- 'The Good Wife' season premiere recap: 'The Line'
- Killed off 'Game of Thrones' actor promises season 5 return
- If Jamie Dornan had returned to 'Once Upon a Time': What would've been