EW has confirmed that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the twist on the classic fairy tale, is getting a sequel. The movie, which chronicles Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel’s (Gemma Arterton) journey from innocent victims of a candy house to vengeful witch hunters, grossed $200 million globally. Although its success was met mostly overseas (the movie only earned about $50 million domestically), enthusiasm for the concept and the film itself was enough to give producers Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick a reason to give the film another installment.
'Hansel and Gretel' go back to witch hunting
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer Yes/No/Can't Say (or more) to your Twitter Q's
- 'SNL' lights up Sia's 'Chandelier,' more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Amazing Race' recap: 'I Feel Like I Just Kissed a Goat'
- 'Showrunners' documentary: Insights from Kurt Sutter, Hart Hanson, Mike Kelley
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- NBC to cancel 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' with zombie twist
- Ryan Murphy on the different seasons of 'American Horror Story': 'They're all connected'
- The Hot Seat: 'Once Upon a Time' bosses answer burning questions
- How 'The Big Bang Theory' scored Billy Bob Thornton for a surprise guest spot
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist' and more