EW has confirmed that Hansel and Gretel: Witch Hunters, the twist on the classic fairy tale, is getting a sequel. The movie, which chronicles Hansel (Jeremy Renner) and Gretel’s (Gemma Arterton) journey from innocent victims of a candy house to vengeful witch hunters, grossed $200 million globally. Although its success was met mostly overseas (the movie only earned about $50 million domestically), enthusiasm for the concept and the film itself was enough to give producers Will Ferrell, Adam McKay and Kevin Messick a reason to give the film another installment.
'Hansel and Gretel' go back to witch hunting
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor' quick take: Worst lie ever?
- Nina Dobrev and Ian Somerhalder talk 'Vampire Diaries': 'Eerily deceiving and odd' grief
- Fall TV poll: First canceled show of 2014?
- Fox yanks 'Utopia' from Tuesday schedule
- 'AHS: Freak Show' unveils creepy, stop-motion title sequence
- Maleficent admirers pay tribute on 'Sleeping Beauty' Blu-ray: Sneak peek
- 'Parenthood' sneak peek: Julia and Joel 'have to talk about us'
- J.K. Simmons toys with Miles Teller in 'Whiplash' scene
- On the Books: Harry Potter collector sets Guinness World Record
- 'Sons of Anarchy' guest star Walton Goggins on that Venus-Tig moment
- Which new fall show will be canceled first?
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Kurt Sutter, cast talk 'Poor Little Lambs' ending
- Ryan Murphy debuts creepy, stop-motion 'AHS: Freak Show' main titles