Daniel Radcliffe's 'Horns' and Eli Roth's 'Green Inferno' to premiere at Toronto Film Festival
Midnight Madness section, which includes the world premieres of Eli Roth's The Green Inferno and All Cheerleaders Die from directors Lucky McKee and Chris Sivertson. The schedule for Midnight Madness, which is celebrating its 25th anniversary this year, also boasts the Karen Gillan-starring Oculus, Hong Kong director Juno Mak's Rigor Mortis, and Almost Human, the trailer for which you can see below.The Toronto Film Festival has announced its lineup for the event's
“Since its 1988 launch, the Midnight Madness program emerged as a touchstone of cinematic shock, satiating the adventurous palate of bloodthirsty cinephiles from all over the world,” said programmer Colin Geddes in a statement. “When the witching hour strikes and the human brain starts slipping into dream mode, the Ryerson Theatre will once again serve up a feast of phantasmagorical characters and jaw-dropping scenes, playing host to bizarre biological monstrosities, ruthless dominatrix gangs, paranormal mirrors, and the hijinks of supernatural cheerleaders.”
The TIFF has also announced the lineup for its "boundary-pushing" Vanguard program. Films include the Daniel Radcliffe-starring Horns -- an adaptation of Joe Hill's novel of the same name -- and Sacrament, the latest from House of the Devil director Ti West.
The 38th Toronto International Film Festival runs September 5-15.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Cameron Diaz, Bruno Mars, and Mark Ronson?
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- 'Scandal' cues up a Stevie Wonder song, more of the week's best music on TV
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': A movie, or just an extended prologue for the movie yet to come?
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- 'Hell on Wheels' star Anson Mount on sage advice from Jon Hamm, 'Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror' hell
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- 'Mockingjay': Hear Jennifer Lawrence sing 'The Hanging Tree'
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Natalie Dormer advocates for more male nudity on 'Game of Thrones'
- 'Mockingjay -- Part 1': The 7 biggest changes from page to screen
- Tina Fey's NBC comedy moving to Netflix
- Cher cancels rest of 'Dressed to Kill' tour dates due to infection