Daniel Radcliffe's 'Horns' and Eli Roth's 'Green Inferno' to premiere at Toronto Film Festival
“Since its 1988 launch, the Midnight Madness program emerged as a touchstone of cinematic shock, satiating the adventurous palate of bloodthirsty cinephiles from all over the world,” said programmer Colin Geddes in a statement. “When the witching hour strikes and the human brain starts slipping into dream mode, the Ryerson Theatre will once again serve up a feast of phantasmagorical characters and jaw-dropping scenes, playing host to bizarre biological monstrosities, ruthless dominatrix gangs, paranormal mirrors, and the hijinks of supernatural cheerleaders.”
The TIFF has also announced the lineup for its "boundary-pushing" Vanguard program. Films include the Daniel Radcliffe-starring Horns -- an adaptation of Joe Hill's novel of the same name -- and Sacrament, the latest from House of the Devil director Ti West.
The 38th Toronto International Film Festival runs September 5-15.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Idol' recap: Roll down a familiar road
- '24: Live Another Day': 10 new photos
- 'Clone Wars': Final 13 answer big 'Star Wars' Q's
- 'Reign' react: 'The Consummation'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' shocker: Isaiah Washington back!
- 'Grey's Anatomy': 'You Got to Hide Your Love Away'
- Aaron Carter + Hilary Duff for Throwback Thursday
- 'Scandal' recap: 'We Do Not Touch the First Ladies'