• Tom Hiddleston (Thor: The Dark World) is attached to star in High-Rise, an adaptation of J.G. Ballard‘s 1975 novel about a luxury residential unit. Hiddleston would play Robert Laing, a doctor who loves the idea of the tower, becomes obsessed with the architect, and gets embroiled in the complex mess surrounding the building. In the book, the building isolates the residents from the outside world and societal niceties soon devolve as residents segregate themselves by class and eventually regress to a primitive hunter/gatherer culture. Ben Wheatley (Doctor Who) is set to direct. [Variety]
• Lost‘s Evangeline Lilly is reportedly in early talks to take on the female lead in Marvel’s Ant-Man. Edgar Wright is directing the new Marvel tentpole starring Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas as Scott Lang and Hank Pym. No specifics were available regarding Lilly’s potential role — especially since it looks like Wright’s Ant-Man will deviate from the source material — but according to Variety, she might play Pym’s daughter and Lang’s love interest. Lilly recently appeared in The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug. [Variety]
• Kate Winslet, whose Labor Day is currently in theaters, is in talks to star in director John Hillcoat‘s Triple Nine about a group of corrupt cops planning a heist. The film currently boasts an impressive ensemble cast including 12 Years a Slave‘s Chiwetel Ejiofor, Casey Affleck (Out of the Furnace), Michael B. Jordan (Fruitvale Station), Aaron Paul (Breaking Bad), Gal Gadot (Fast & Furious 6), Teresa Palmer (Warm Bodies), and Michael Pena (End of Watch). [Variety; Deadline]
• Emma Watson (Harry Potter) has boarded Regression, a thriller starring Ethan Hawke (Before Midnight) from The Others director Alejandro Amenábar. The plot is being kept secret. [The Wrap]
• Ewan McGregor and Tye Sheridan (Mud) will co-star in Rodrigo Garcia‘s Last Days in the Desert. McGregor will play a holy man and a demon who encounters a family struggling to survive in the desert. Emmanuel Lubezki (Gravity) is set to shoot the film. [Deadline]
• Hannah Ware (Betrayal) will join Rupert Friend (Homeland) and Zachary Quinto (Star Trek Into Darkness) in Agent 47 — a reboot of Hitman. Aleksander Bach is set to direct. [Deadline]
• Shameless actor Jeremy Allen White has boarded Miss Bala director Gerardo Naranjo’s untitled coming-of-age pic starring Dakota Fanning as a roadie touring with a punk band in the ’80s. [THR; The Wrap]
PREVIOUSLY: Who should play the Fantastic Four?