One year after winning the Best Actor Oscar for Lincoln, Daniel Day-Lewis has finally found his next performance. The three-time Oscar winner will essay the role of “Daniel Day-Lewis” at this year’s Oscar ceremony, where he will take a rare supporting role as a presenter. The Academy confirmed the news on its site. It’s unclear what award Day-Lewis will present, but sources indicate that the actor has already been preparing for the role with his famously intense Method techniques, having spent the last 56 years in character as “Daniel Day-Lewis.” He joins an ensemble that already includes human GIF Jennifer Lawrence and the world’s most popular U2 cover band.
Daniel Day-Lewis will present at the Oscars
Latest Videos in Movies
- Ryan Murphy reveals an 'American Horror Story' secret: Seasons 'are all connected'
- 'Bad Judge,' 'A to Z' to be canceled by NBC
- 'Interstellar' review: Awe-fully sappy
- Billy Bob Thornton's 'Big Bang Theory' cameo: How it happened
- Halloween 2014: EW's favorite celebrity costumes
- 'Scandal,' 'Walking Dead, 'Blacklist,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Clive Barker is back from the dead--and his 'Nightbreed' is reborn
- 13 movie creeps: Harmless to horrifying