One year after winning the Best Actor Oscar for Lincoln, Daniel Day-Lewis has finally found his next performance. The three-time Oscar winner will essay the role of “Daniel Day-Lewis” at this year’s Oscar ceremony, where he will take a rare supporting role as a presenter. The Academy confirmed the news on its site. It’s unclear what award Day-Lewis will present, but sources indicate that the actor has already been preparing for the role with his famously intense Method techniques, having spent the last 56 years in character as “Daniel Day-Lewis.” He joins an ensemble that already includes human GIF Jennifer Lawrence and the world’s most popular U2 cover band.
Daniel Day-Lewis will present at the Oscars
Latest Videos in Movies
- Andrew J. West (a.k.a. mysterious baddie Gareth) talks 'Walking Dead'
- 'Good Wife'; 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who' recaps
- Seth Rogen and James Franco as tabloid TV assassins in 'The Interview' red-band trailer (NSFW)
- 'South Park' promo in D.C. takes aim at 'Redskins' team name debate
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'Madam Secretary' series premiere: A diplomatic debut for Tea Leoni
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance offers a season 5 tease