One year after winning the Best Actor Oscar for Lincoln, Daniel Day-Lewis has finally found his next performance. The three-time Oscar winner will essay the role of “Daniel Day-Lewis” at this year’s Oscar ceremony, where he will take a rare supporting role as a presenter. The Academy confirmed the news on its site. It’s unclear what award Day-Lewis will present, but sources indicate that the actor has already been preparing for the role with his famously intense Method techniques, having spent the last 56 years in character as “Daniel Day-Lewis.” He joins an ensemble that already includes human GIF Jennifer Lawrence and the world’s most popular U2 cover band.
Daniel Day-Lewis will present at the Oscars
Latest Videos in Movies
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 1
- Comic-Con '14 through YOUR lens: Day 1
- Comic-Con '14: Celebs make the rounds, day 1
- Morgan Freeman + helium: Act II
- 'Interstellar' brings Christopher Nolan to Comic-Con
- 'Reign' sneak peek: Black Death hits France
- 'Hannibal' yuks it up: Season 2 blooper reel
- 'Star Wars Rebels' First Look: Inquisitor in action
- 'Hannibal' new blooper reel plus season 3 scoop
- 'Downton Abbey' looks to bounce back from season 4 (Updated)
- Christopher Nolan and Matthew McConaughey make Comic-Con debut with 'Interstellar'
- Here's how 'Supernatural' star Misha Collins is breaking world records
- The 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer has arrived