If you thought Alec Baldwin was cantankerous, even he pales compared to the veteran Broadway and TV star Elaine Stritch. In Chiemi Karasawa’s new documentary Elaine Stritch: Shoot Me, opening in limited release this Friday, the 89-year-old actress (and Today show F-bomb-dropper) recounts her turbulent life on the stage and screen, her battles with alcoholism, and her improbable comeback in the last decade. In this exclusive clip, we see Stritch on the set of 30 Rock, where she played the wasp-tongued mother of Alec Baldwin’s network exec Jack Donaghy (a role that earned the actress her third Emmy Award in 2008). On set, she mixes it up with Tina Fey and Baldwin, a kindred spirit who hilariously grumbles about the veteran scene-stealer in rehearsal. “Don’t you last-word me, you,” he says. “It’s my laugh-line, you bitch.” And her reaction to his grousing is just as priceless.
Watch Alec Baldwin playfully call his '30 Rock' mom Elaine Stritch a bitch in a new doc - EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades' trailer: Let's take a closer look
- 'Community' back 'probably sometime after Christmas'
- Rick Yancey's 'The Infinite Sea': Read an excerpt
- Cosplay at Comic-Con '14: Day 1
- 'Community': Im-posters for 9 signature episodes
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- 'The Flash': Comic-Con's verdict?
- Wonder Woman: 13 looks since '42