Jared Leto won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role as a transgender AIDS patient in Dallas Buyers Club. In his first role in nearly six years, Leto dominated the pre-Oscar prizes and was a heavy favorite to win. Leto thanked his mother, who raised him and his older brother alone, and then spoke to the dreamers watching at home in such trouble spots as Ukraine and Venezuela. He closed with reminding the audience of the 36 million people who have lost the battle with AIDS and the millions of people who fight courageously every day to be different and to be themselves.
Jared Leto wins Best Supporting Actor at the 2014 Oscars
Latest Videos in Movies
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics, others hacked?
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 'Dallas' star Patrick Duffy still has 'Man From Atlantis' eyes, recalls Lynda Carter crush
- Jennifer Garner and Denis Leary in 'Draft Day' scene you didn't see; watch it here
- 'Masters of Sex' costume designer on taking series' style into 1960
- 'Love Prison': Watch episode 1 of A&E's online-daters-on-a-deserted-island series
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies