Jared Leto won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role as a transgender AIDS patient in Dallas Buyers Club. In his first role in nearly six years, Leto dominated the pre-Oscar prizes and was a heavy favorite to win. Leto thanked his mother, who raised him and his older brother alone, and then spoke to the dreamers watching at home in such trouble spots as Ukraine and Venezuela. He closed with reminding the audience of the 36 million people who have lost the battle with AIDS and the millions of people who fight courageously every day to be different and to be themselves.
Jared Leto wins Best Supporting Actor at the 2014 Oscars
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Bachelorette' recap: STAHP in the name of love
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 'Goldfinch' movie rights go to...
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Hunger Games: Mockingjay': First teaser trailer
- 'Leftovers': The last straw
- Comic-Con 2014: All the stars at the EW Hideout
- 'Game of Thrones': Epic season 4 blooper reel
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 565
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 302
- The house (un)divided 321
- Video: 'Fifty Shades of Grey' trailer unlocks the key 288
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 270