Jared Leto won the Oscar for Best Supporting Actor for his role as a transgender AIDS patient in Dallas Buyers Club. In his first role in nearly six years, Leto dominated the pre-Oscar prizes and was a heavy favorite to win. Leto thanked his mother, who raised him and his older brother alone, and then spoke to the dreamers watching at home in such trouble spots as Ukraine and Venezuela. He closed with reminding the audience of the 36 million people who have lost the battle with AIDS and the millions of people who fight courageously every day to be different and to be themselves.
Jared Leto wins Best Supporting Actor at the 2014 Oscars
Latest Videos in Movies
- Emmys: All-time best/worst style
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Vampire Diaries' teaser: Let's see how everyone's doing without Damon
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 'Mythbusters' minus three: Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara tweet goodbyes
- Elena has a drug problem in 'Vampire Diaries' season 6 promo
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- New ABC special dares to rank all-time best 'Schoolhouse Rock' songs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'