Don’t do drugs, kids…unless said drugs transform your neurological makeup to give you superhero-level mind powers. That’s what happens in Luc Besson’s action thriller Lucy (out Aug. 8), starring Scarlett Johansson as a young woman who turns the tables on those exploiting her when experimental drugs give her hyperpowered ass-kicking abilities. “I love to see a woman as a very strong character,” says Besson (The Professional and La Femme Nikita). “It’s like cooking: sugar with a bit of salt, and Lucy definitely can get salty.” Keep your eyes peeled for the trailer, which is scheduled to hit iTunes on April 2.
'Lucy' First Look: Scarlett Johansson learns better fighting through chemistry in Luc Besson's latest
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- 'Top Model' First Look: Pretty and twisted
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- TV recaps: 'Project Runway,' 'Big Brother'
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-5
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- STAHP in the name of love 967
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 465
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe 'Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- 'Big Brother' recap: Tell me about the rabbits, Caleb