Don’t do drugs, kids…unless said drugs transform your neurological makeup to give you superhero-level mind powers. That’s what happens in Luc Besson’s action thriller Lucy (out Aug. 8), starring Scarlett Johansson as a young woman who turns the tables on those exploiting her when experimental drugs give her hyperpowered ass-kicking abilities. “I love to see a woman as a very strong character,” says Besson (The Professional and La Femme Nikita). “It’s like cooking: sugar with a bit of salt, and Lucy definitely can get salty.” Keep your eyes peeled for the trailer, which is scheduled to hit iTunes on April 2.
'Lucy' First Look: Scarlett Johansson learns better fighting through chemistry in Luc Besson's latest
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer: What we saw
- Marvel adds a new piece to its teaser art puzzle: 'Inhumans: Attilan Rising'
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' recap: 'Edward Mordrake, Part 1'
- 'Survivor' recap: Resetting the game
- 'Nashville'; 'Arrow'; 'Top Chef'; 'The 100'; 'Kingdom'; more TV recaps
- 'Survivor': 3 Q's for Jeff Probst
- Disney animated films: Best/worst