Don’t do drugs, kids…unless said drugs transform your neurological makeup to give you superhero-level mind powers. That’s what happens in Luc Besson’s action thriller Lucy (out Aug. 8), starring Scarlett Johansson as a young woman who turns the tables on those exploiting her when experimental drugs give her hyperpowered ass-kicking abilities. “I love to see a woman as a very strong character,” says Besson (The Professional and La Femme Nikita). “It’s like cooking: sugar with a bit of salt, and Lucy definitely can get salty.” Keep your eyes peeled for the trailer, which is scheduled to hit iTunes on April 2.
'Lucy' First Look: Scarlett Johansson learns better fighting through chemistry in Luc Besson's latest
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Good Wife' season premiere recap: 'The Line'
- 'Boardwalk Empire'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Real Housewives of N.J.'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- 'Maze Runner' is No. 1 movie: $32.5M
- 'Madam Secretary' series premiere: A diplomatic debut for Tea Leoni
- 'Sleepy Hollow' sneak peek: Ichabod Crane meets a naked Ben Franklin
- 'Game of Thrones': Charles Dance offers a season 5 tease
- Lucy Lawless on the 'ragtag bunch' she brings to 'Agents of SHIELD'; watch a sneak peek
- 10 essential graphic novels that have faced bans and challenges