On April 14, filming began on Jurassic World, the fourth installment in the Jurassic Park franchise (due June 12, 2015), and EW has already scored the very first photos from the secretive set in Hawaii. Details on World — which stars Bryce Dallas Howard (The Help) and Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) and is exec-produced by Steven Spielberg — are scarce, but director Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed) promises plenty of paleontological action. “Yesterday I was under a construction crane with Chris Pratt, covered with dirt, eyeballing the exact height of the dinosaur trying to kill him,” he says. “We both cracked up laughing. Sometimes you just have to stop and let the joy take over.”
'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead' cast reveals how they'd like their characters to die
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?