On April 14, filming began on Jurassic World, the fourth installment in the Jurassic Park franchise (due June 12, 2015), and EW has already scored the very first photos from the secretive set in Hawaii. Details on World — which stars Bryce Dallas Howard (The Help) and Chris Pratt (Parks and Recreation) and is exec-produced by Steven Spielberg — are scarce, but director Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed) promises plenty of paleontological action. “Yesterday I was under a construction crane with Chris Pratt, covered with dirt, eyeballing the exact height of the dinosaur trying to kill him,” he says. “We both cracked up laughing. Sometimes you just have to stop and let the joy take over.”
'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Alfonso Ribeiro claims the mirrorball trophy
- Netflix additions for December include 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- Jack O'Connell's other role on 'Unbroken' set: Naked pizza delivery man
- 'Peter Pan Live' sheds light on how it'll deploy its digital Tinkerbell
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' guys make excellent company for a rooftop chat
- 'Toy Story' kid sis talks transition to music: Sarah Rayne visits EW's 'Polished'
- Tina Turner turns 75, and LIFE shares a birthday gift: Unpublished 1970 photos
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the Top 8
- Watch Hugh Jackman pull a Johnny Depp in the trailer for 'Pan'