• It’s a Frat Pack reunion: Vince Vaughn is set to join Old School co-star Will Ferrell in the Paramount comedy Daddy’s Home. Ferrell is expected to star in the movie, which he’s producing with frequent collaborator Adam McKay (Anchorman, The Other Guys). Etan Cohen (yes, Etan, not Oscar-winning dark comedy filmmaker Ethan Cohen) will make his feature directorial debut with the project. Cohen’s screenwriting credits include Tropic Thunder and Men in Black 3. Ferrell will play a mild-mannered radio exec whose life gets turned upside down when his wife’s freeloading ex-husband (Vaughn) re-enters the picture and he must vie for his step-children’s affections. [Variety] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Adam McKay (1-3 of 3)
At the recent Golden Globe Awards, Saturday Night Live alums Will Ferrell and Kristen Wiig demonstrated they had magical comic chemistry. The two comedians are about to spend more time together. “Just found out Kristen Wiig officially on board for Anchorman 2,” tweeted director Adam McKay. “Cannonball!”
“Kristen Wiig is officially on board for Anchorman 2,” McKay added on his Facebook page. “Couldn’t be more excited.”
In December, The Wrap had reported that Wiig was in talks to play the wife of dim-witted weatherman Brick Tamland (Steve Carell) in the much-anticipated Ron Burgundy sequel.
Will Ferrell is baffled that Funny or Die has Twitter followers
Report: ‘Anchorman 2′ set burgled of $300,000 worth of wiring
Paramount sets ‘Anchorman’ sequel release date for December 2013
‘Anchorman’ sequel: Will Kristen Wiig accept invitation to Brick Tamland’s pants party?
Casting Net: Vera Farmiga and Andy Garcia to romance in 'Admissions.' Plus: Denzel Washington, Will Smith, Emile Hirsch
• Rooney Mara, who just yesterday signed on for Spike Jonze’s next film, is now also attached to star in the adaptation of Colm Toibin’s 2009 novel Brooklyn. Adapted by writer Nick Hornby, the story follows an Irish woman in the 1950s who falls for an American. [THR]
• In other Nick Hornby news, Emile Hirsch has joined Pierce Brosnan and Toni Collette in the big screen adaptation of the author’s 2005 novel A Long Way Down, about a suicidal foursome who support each other after meeting on New Year’s Eve. [THR]
• Willem Dafoe has signed onto Out of the Furnace, a thriller about two brothers (Christian Bale, Casey Affleck), one who goes to prison, one who ends up embroiled in crime. Director Scott Cooper (Crazy Heart) is currently shooting the film in Pennsylvania. [Deadline]
• And finally, a story from the Dept. of Projects We Really Hope Actually Happen: Anchorman director Adam McKay is in talks to develop a remake of the 1974 Sidney Poitier/Bill Cosby comedy Uptown Saturday Night for Warner Bros, with the studio reportedly keen on Denzel Washington and Will Smith to star. With no script even written yet, there will be a lot of hurdles to clear before Washington and Smith formally attach themselves to the project, let alone that it gets a greenlight. But here’s hoping. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Rooney Mara replacing Carey Mulligan in Spike Jonze film
Casting Net: Owen Wilson back in action; Armie Hammer and Ben Kingsley head west for ‘Cut Bank’
Casting Net: Jennifer Lawrence circling ‘The Glass Castle.’ Plus: Mel Gibson, Sean Penn, Jessica Chastain
- Nelson Mandela: 5 movie touchstones
- 'Sound of Music': Join EW live blog at 7:45 ET
- 'Sound of Music': 3 dress rehearsal photos
- 'Mandela' biopic: First Look featurette
- Paul Walker: End of the 'F&F' fantasy?
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' coming in 2016
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' trailer: Did you notice...?
- 'Justice League': Let's cast it!
- 'The Sound of Music Live!': Take a peek at dress rehearsal -- PHOTOS
- Gal Gadot is Wonder Woman: 13 thoughts on the bombshell-casting bombshell
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans
- 'Survivor' recap: Hayden's rustling feathers
- 'Survivor: Blood vs. Water': Jeff Probst on that CRAZY tribal council