Twin-brother directors Albert and Allen Hughes have been making movies together ever since their mother bought them a video camera when they were 12 years old. For as long as they can remember, they split everything down the middle: “My mom raised us as communists in the best sense of the word,” says Allen Hughes, 40. “We had the same amount of Kool-Aid, the same number of Cheerios.” But being part of a directing team is like being in a band; no matter how much success you may have together – and over the past two decades, the Hughes brothers have had plenty, from their breakout 1993 debut Menace II Society to their 2001 thriller From Hell to their 2010 postapocalyptic action film The Book of Eli – there comes a time when you feel the itch to go solo. “As you get older, you get on different pages,” says Allen, who acknowledges that working with Albert had its stormy moments. “Just ask Fleetwood Mac about that.”
Tag: Allen Hughes (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- 'Top Model' First Look: Pretty and twisted
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- TV recaps: 'Project Runway,' 'Big Brother'
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-5
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- STAHP in the name of love 967
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 465
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe 'Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- 'Big Brother' recap: Tell me about the rabbits, Caleb