Twin-brother directors Albert and Allen Hughes have been making movies together ever since their mother bought them a video camera when they were 12 years old. For as long as they can remember, they split everything down the middle: “My mom raised us as communists in the best sense of the word,” says Allen Hughes, 40. “We had the same amount of Kool-Aid, the same number of Cheerios.” But being part of a directing team is like being in a band; no matter how much success you may have together – and over the past two decades, the Hughes brothers have had plenty, from their breakout 1993 debut Menace II Society to their 2001 thriller From Hell to their 2010 postapocalyptic action film The Book of Eli – there comes a time when you feel the itch to go solo. “As you get older, you get on different pages,” says Allen, who acknowledges that working with Albert had its stormy moments. “Just ask Fleetwood Mac about that.”
Tag: Allen Hughes (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'We're Not Friends'
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Grey's Anatomy'; 'Scandal'; 'Reign'; 'Gracepoint' recaps
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 17 GIFs that keep on giving
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer