Corduroy blazer-wearing hero? Check. Fetching heroine who belches occasionally? Check. Dreamy electronica soundtrack? Check! Sundance breakout Celeste and Jesse Forever has all the ingredients to be a good, old-fashioned summer sleeper. In place of Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Zooey Deschanel, who have vacated their thrones as indie film’s prom king and queen, Andy Samberg and Rashida Jones play a couple whose Facebook status most certainly reads “It’s complicated.” Check out why below. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Andy Samberg (11-14 of 14)
Tom Cruise and Adam Sandler, two box office titans (in very different genres), offer up their latest movies this week.
Cruise stars in Rock of Ages, the ’80s-rock musical based on the hit Broadway show, while Sandler serves up his standard crass-and-proud-of-it comedy with the R-rated That’s My Boy. Both titles should play to broad mainstream audiences, but whether they can dethrone Madagascar 3 is another story.
Here’s how I think the Top 5 will shake out: READ FULL STORY
Could Adam Sandler’s new comedy That’s My Boy be skewing slightly more towards The Hangover then Jack and Jill? That’s what seems to be the case in the new red-band trailer for the June 15 release, which stars Sandler as an immature manchild who crashes the wedding of his seemingly put-together son, Todd (Andy Samberg).
The NSFW trailer reveals Todd’s tranquil bachelor party and rehearsal dinner gone horribly wrong (or right?) thanks to Donny’s juvenile interference. As the clip unfolds, the shocks become even more preposterous, although the level of swearing, toilet humor, and obese nakedness can’t possibly come as a surprise. See what Sandler says tastes like ” his f—— d— infused with b—-” below: READ FULL STORY
Ryan Murphy in talks for 'One Hit Wonders' with Cameron Diaz, Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and Andy Samberg
Ryan Murphy definitely still has music on his mind: EW has confirmed that the Glee co-creator is in talks with Sony Pictures to make One Hit Wonders, a musical comedy about three flash-in-the-pan 1990s pop stars who decide to team up for a comeback. Gwyneth Paltrow, Reese Witherspoon, and Cameron Diaz are attached to play the stars, and Andy Samberg is also attached to join the cast for an unspecified role. (Deadline first reported the story.)
No deal is in place yet for anyone, nor is there even a script, which Murphy would pen with Glee cohorts Brad Falchuk and Ian Brennan. Samberg’s music group The Lonely Island may also contribute to the film’s music. Murphy would likely direct the film after he makes his long-planned feature adaptation of Larry Kramer’s play The Normal Heart.
CORRECTION: As had been previously reported by EW and other outlets, Beyoncé is not attached to nor in talks to join the project.
‘Glee’ cast will not be touring this summer
‘American Horror Story’ season 2 scoop: Ryan Murphy teases which actors will return and where it will be set
Fox: There will not be a ‘Glee’ spinoff
Latest Videos in Movies
- Wu-Tang: RZA on Raekwon's 'strike'
- William Hurt exits 'Midnight Rider'
- 'Jurassic World' First Look: 3 new photos
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- 'Reign': Watch Bash's first sex scene
- Phox's 'Slow Motion': Neo-soul breakouts' new video
- Moon Taxi whisks us to 'Morocco' in new video
- 'Orange Is the New Black' is on the new EW cover
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 618
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 488
- Slaves to Love 460
- The Man Who Could Not Stand Still 507
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 381
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'I feel like I'm just now starting to learn how to write it' -- LISTEN
- 'Friends' creators Marta Kauffman and David Crane look back at the finale -- and why they won't do a reunion show
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show'
- HBO makes huge Amazon Prime deal: See which shows are going online
- Courteney Cox shuts down talk of 'Friends' reunion on 'Letterman' -- VIDEO