EW has confirmed that Ashley Judd has joined the cast of Divergent, the big-screen adaptation of Veronica Roth’s dystopian YA bestseller. Judd — who recently abandoned her bid for one of Kentucky’s U.S. Senate seats — will play Natalie Prior, the mother of Divergent‘s heroine Tris (Shailene Woodley). (THR first exclusively reported this news.) READ FULL STORY »
Tag: Ashley Judd (1-2 of 2)
Casting Net: Seth Green to rock out in 'The Identical.' Plus: Aubrey Plaza, Anthony Mackie, Kevin Costner
• Seth Green is joining Ashley Judd, Ray Liotta, and Joe Pantoliano in The Identical, an indie drama that traces the history of rock-and-roll from the 1940s through the 1960s through the prism of a single family, with Liotta and Judd as the father and mother, and Green as a drummer who falls into the classic indulgences of an American rock star. Music video director Dustin Marcellino is making his feature debut with the film, from a script by Howie Klausner (Space Cowboys). [Variety, THR]
• Aubrey Plaza, Topher Grace, Anthony Mackie, Giovanni Ribisi and Philip Baker Hall are all likely to join Chris Evans and Michelle Monaghan in the romantic comedy A Many Splintered Thing, about a guy who tries to woo an engaged woman after they meet at a charity dinner at which he impersonates a wealthy benefactor. Commercial director Justin Reardon will helm the film from a Black List script by Christ Shafer and Paul Vicknair. [Variety, Deadline]
• Kevin Costner has officially signed a deal to star in an untitled thriller (previously titled Three Days to Kill) about a dying secret service agent going on one final mission. McG is attached to direct from a script by seasoned-actor-action-movie specialists Luc Besson (Taken) and Adi Hasak (From Paris with Love). [Variety]
• Jean Dujardin, Cate Blanchett, and Paul Giamatti are being considered for roles in George Clooney‘s next directorial effort, The Monument’s Men, about the effort to find stolen art during World War II — but no deal is yet in place for any of the actors. Clooney would also star, and is writing the script with regular collaborator Grant Heslov from Robert M. Edsel’s book of the same name. [TheWrap]
Casting Net: Elijah Wood to be ‘The Late Bloomer.’ Plus: Miles Teller, Richard Madden
Casting Net: Wes Bentley, Brit Marling join Lincoln biopic ‘The Green Blade Rises.’ Plus: Martin Freeman, Judi Dench, Steve Coogan
Casting Net: Justin Timberlake drinking in ‘The Last Drop.’ Plus: Nicolas Cage, Meryl Streep, Hilary Swank
- 'Dancing With the Stars' champs are...
- CBS takes 2012-13 ratings crown from Fox
- 'Voice' dedicates song to tornado victims
- Justin Bieber booed: Will he listen?
- Bon Jovi to Bieber: Don't be late!
- 'Criminal Minds' season finale peek
- 'Buffy': 10th anniversary of series finale
- Microsoft debuts next-gen Xbox One