Bernie Tiede, the convicted murderer portrayed by Jack Black in Richard Linklater’s 2011 dark comedy Bernie, was released from prison on Tuesday after a lifetime sentence was reduced to time served. There were a few conditions, in addition to a $10,000 bond. The oddest and most notable of them: living in Linklater’s garage apartment. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bernie (1-4 of 4)
Spirit Awards reaction: Jack Black, Matthew McConaughey, Benh Zeitlin, David O. Russell, more weigh in
The nominations for the 28th Independent Spirit Awards were announced this morning in Hollywood. We checked in with Jack Black (Bernie), David O. Russell (Silver Linings Playbook), Benh Zeitlin (Beasts of the Southern Wild), Emayatzy Corinealdi (Middle of Nowhere), and more for their reactions. Check out what the stars had to say below and read our full analysis of what the nominations mean for awards season here.
As the annual AFI Fest comes to a close, one of its final events put a spotlight on Jack Black and his recent dark comedy, Bernie, which reunited him with School of Rock director Richard Linklater.
On Wednesday, EW teamed up with AFI Fest to present a conversation with Black about Bernie, where he talked about why the role of “a lovable killer” appealed to him, recalled his first acting gig in a commercial for Atari game Pitfall and gave a shout out to Dexter. Check out part of the discussion with Black and EW’s Anthony Breznican in the video below. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- Taylor Swift and Jamie Oliver 'Bake It Off' in clip for Stand Up to Cancer
- 'Sleepy Hollow' casts 'Beauty and the Beast'/'Tudors' alum in mysterious role
- Halloween countdown/poll: 5 best demon movies
- 'Downton Abbey' trailer aims to get fans fired up for season 5
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- 'Walking Dead' recap: 'Strangers'
- Walking Dead': Steven Yeun talks Glenn, Maggie, Tara, and Terminus