Disney’s record-breaking musical behemoth Frozen scored two Oscar nominations this morning — one for Best Animated Feature, and another for the film’s musical showstopper “Let It Go.” Both weren’t much of a surprise, given the huge popularity of the movie and its continued dominance both at the box office and on the Billboard charts. EW hopped on the phone with Frozen‘s happy directors and composers, as well as Tony winner Idina Menzel (who sang “Let It Go”), to chat about their blizzard of a morning. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Best Original Song Oscar (1-3 of 3)
There will be more songs vying for Oscars at next year’s Academy Awards.
The motion picture academy said Thursday that there will be a minimum of five nominees in the original song category at next year’s ceremony.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences says that the five nominated songs receiving the highest number of votes from music branch members will be up for the final award. The voting process previously only allowed songs that earned an average score to be nominated.
Only two songs were nominated for the trophy earlier this year for the first time in Oscar history, with “Man or Muppet” from “The Muppets” winning the prize.
The 85th annual Academy Awards will be presented Feb. 24, 2013, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
Sinead O’Connor has lit up the celebosphere of late thanks to her rather, well, lively personal life, so it may be easy to forget that the woman can still deliver a song like no other. This past New Year’s Eve, O’Connor joined the RTÉ Concert Orchestra in Dublin to sing “Lay Your Head Down,” the original song from the gender-bending period film, Albert Nobbs, written for the film by star Glenn Close and composer Brian Byrne. You can check out an exclusive video of her full performance below, and then contemplate the possibility that O’Connor could very well be giving a similar performance at the Kodak Theater on Feb. 26. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Friends': The one about making the finale final
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- '30 Rock': What made Liz Lemon's sendoff so sweet?
- Kiera Cass' 'The One': New trailer
- Tribeca Film Fest: 13 must-see premieres
- 'Voice': Top 12 Power List
- 'View': Seating chart for a peaceful co-host reunion
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Game of Thrones': Jack Gleeson talks royal wedding shocker -- EXCLUSIVE
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene