Disney’s record-breaking musical behemoth Frozen scored two Oscar nominations this morning — one for Best Animated Feature, and another for the film’s musical showstopper “Let It Go.” Both weren’t much of a surprise, given the huge popularity of the movie and its continued dominance both at the box office and on the Billboard charts. EW hopped on the phone with Frozen‘s happy directors and composers, as well as Tony winner Idina Menzel (who sang “Let It Go”), to chat about their blizzard of a morning. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Best Original Song Oscar (1-3 of 3)
There will be more songs vying for Oscars at next year’s Academy Awards.
The motion picture academy said Thursday that there will be a minimum of five nominees in the original song category at next year’s ceremony.
The Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences says that the five nominated songs receiving the highest number of votes from music branch members will be up for the final award. The voting process previously only allowed songs that earned an average score to be nominated.
Only two songs were nominated for the trophy earlier this year for the first time in Oscar history, with “Man or Muppet” from “The Muppets” winning the prize.
The 85th annual Academy Awards will be presented Feb. 24, 2013, at the Dolby Theatre in Hollywood.
Sinead O’Connor has lit up the celebosphere of late thanks to her rather, well, lively personal life, so it may be easy to forget that the woman can still deliver a song like no other. This past New Year’s Eve, O’Connor joined the RTÉ Concert Orchestra in Dublin to sing “Lay Your Head Down,” the original song from the gender-bending period film, Albert Nobbs, written for the film by star Glenn Close and composer Brian Byrne. You can check out an exclusive video of her full performance below, and then contemplate the possibility that O’Connor could very well be giving a similar performance at the Kodak Theater on Feb. 26. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 20 most compelling actor/director teams now
- 'Big Brother' recap: Final three houseguests are...
- Sarah Paulson on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'something happens in the very first episode that's crazy'
- 'Red Band Society' debuts: First impressions?
- 'Top Chef Duels' recap: Nyesha Arrington vs. Jennifer Carroll
- Kunal Nayyar sings Boyz II Men on 'Queen Latifah Show': Sneak peek
- 'This Is Where I Leave You' review: Reunited and it feels so...schmaltzy
- 'Survivor' scouting report: John Rocker's plan if he's recognized?
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln says to fear the beard in season 5
- '7th Heaven' cast, minus Ruthie, reunites
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'AHS' star Sarah Paulson calls conjoined twins her 'craziest' role yet