Legendary character actor Brad Dourif once again voices the titular killer-doll in Curse of Chucky, the sixth film in the Child’s Play series , which is released on Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow and is also available via VOD. The twist? One of the people Dourif’s doll most wants to kill — a wheelchair-bound woman named Nica — is played by the actor’s daughter, Fiona. “I think we’re the first horror franchise in history where the iconic villain is onscreen bedeviling his actual offscreen progeny, ” says Curse of Chucky writer-director and longtime franchise scribe Don Mancini. So did Mancini get a discount deal as a result of casting two actors from the same clan? “I personally get a deal in the sense that I probably get to have dinner at their house maybe a couple more times a year, having endeared myself to them,” laughs the filmmaker. “But, no. They both drive a hard bargain.”
Tag: Brad Dourif (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Doctor Who' recap: 'Into the Dalek'
- 'Outlander' recap: 'The Gathering'
- 'Walking Dead': 6 stars on how they'd like their characters to die
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers