Legendary character actor Brad Dourif once again voices the titular killer-doll in Curse of Chucky, the sixth film in the Child’s Play series , which is released on Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow and is also available via VOD. The twist? One of the people Dourif’s doll most wants to kill — a wheelchair-bound woman named Nica — is played by the actor’s daughter, Fiona. “I think we’re the first horror franchise in history where the iconic villain is onscreen bedeviling his actual offscreen progeny, ” says Curse of Chucky writer-director and longtime franchise scribe Don Mancini. So did Mancini get a discount deal as a result of casting two actors from the same clan? “I personally get a deal in the sense that I probably get to have dinner at their house maybe a couple more times a year, having endeared myself to them,” laughs the filmmaker. “But, no. They both drive a hard bargain.”
Tag: Brad Dourif (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Terminator: Genisys': Meet the main characters/cast in EW exclusive portraits
- 'Scandal': Bellamy Young on the end of Smelly Mellie (and what's coming next)
- 'Call of Duty' trailer reunites 'Friday Night Lights' team of Taylor Kitsch and Peter Berg
- 'Portlandia' sneak peek: Putting the fun in funerals (jackals welcome)
- Alyssa Milano previews 'Project Runway All Stars'
- 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies': First Look at the Bennet sisters
- 'Vampire Diaries': Chris Wood on why Kai is the show's Ted Bundy
- Danity Kane's surprisingly weird 'DK3' is too good to ignore
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- 'Game of Thrones' cast signs on for 7th season, for a reportedly 'huge' raise
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'