Legendary character actor Brad Dourif once again voices the titular killer-doll in Curse of Chucky, the sixth film in the Child’s Play series , which is released on Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow and is also available via VOD. The twist? One of the people Dourif’s doll most wants to kill — a wheelchair-bound woman named Nica — is played by the actor’s daughter, Fiona. “I think we’re the first horror franchise in history where the iconic villain is onscreen bedeviling his actual offscreen progeny, ” says Curse of Chucky writer-director and longtime franchise scribe Don Mancini. So did Mancini get a discount deal as a result of casting two actors from the same clan? “I personally get a deal in the sense that I probably get to have dinner at their house maybe a couple more times a year, having endeared myself to them,” laughs the filmmaker. “But, no. They both drive a hard bargain.”
Tag: Brad Dourif (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- Kyra Sedgwick books a 'Brooklyn Nine-Nine' role
- 'Bachelorette' recap: STAHP in the name of love
- 'What If': Friends...without benefits?
- Comic-Con 2014 star portraits: Day 3
- 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover: Watch 5 minutes
- 10 best videos at Comic-Con 2014
- Richelle Mead talks 'Silver Shadows'
- 'Once Upon a Time' casts two 'Frozen' roles