Legendary character actor Brad Dourif once again voices the titular killer-doll in Curse of Chucky, the sixth film in the Child’s Play series , which is released on Blu-ray and DVD tomorrow and is also available via VOD. The twist? One of the people Dourif’s doll most wants to kill — a wheelchair-bound woman named Nica — is played by the actor’s daughter, Fiona. “I think we’re the first horror franchise in history where the iconic villain is onscreen bedeviling his actual offscreen progeny, ” says Curse of Chucky writer-director and longtime franchise scribe Don Mancini. So did Mancini get a discount deal as a result of casting two actors from the same clan? “I personally get a deal in the sense that I probably get to have dinner at their house maybe a couple more times a year, having endeared myself to them,” laughs the filmmaker. “But, no. They both drive a hard bargain.”
Tag: Brad Dourif (1-1 of 1)
- 'The Sound of Music': Carrie Underwood on tonight's live show and hate tweets from Julie Andrews fans
- 'X-Men: Apocalypse' will open in 2016
- 'Glee': Watch Rachel, Kurt, and Santana sing with a hot shirtless Santa --…
- 'Sound of Music': We live blogged it!
- Capsule TV Reviews: Give These Shows a Second Chance