The American Film Institute has announced its annual list of the 10 best U.S. releases, which last year predicted nine of the eventual 10 Best Picture nominees. On the list this time are nine expected contenders: The Descendants, The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo, The Help, J. Edgar, Hugo, Midnight in Paris, Moneyball, The Tree of Life, and War Horse. But the AFI also included one very interesting dark horse: Bridesmaids. Missing from the top 10: Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close, Beginners, Drive, The Ides of March, and Young Adult. UPDATE: Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 was eligible but the AFI committee decided to give the entire Potter series a special award instead. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Bridesmaids (21-30 of 38)
Thanks to two extras from the new Bridesmaids Blu-ray, you’ll never look at party subs or children’s toys the same way again. First, Megan (Melissa McCarthy) and Air Marshall Jon (Ben Falcone) get frisky with a variety of Super Bowl-worthy snacks — and that’s only the beginning of their kinkfest… In the second clip, the ladies (and Jon Hamm!) show off their improv skills in a mash-up of off-the-wall outtakes led by an extended cut of the film’s cringe-worthy opening sex scene. See the VERY NSFW clips after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Even a two-hour-plus movie couldn’t contain all the comedy talent of these hilarious women. Now that Bridesmaids is out on DVD and Blu-ray, you finally get to see a ton of alternate takes and scenes you didn’t see in theaters. EW spoke to four of the Bridesmaids ladies — Kristen Wiig, Rose Byrne, Wendi McLendon-Covey, and Ellie Kemper (sorry, not recent Emmy winner Melissa McCarthy) — about the stuff salvaged from the cutting room floor, and their ideas for a sequel!
ENTERTAINMENT WEEKLY: The DVD has tons of extras and deleted scenes. What scenes are you most excited for fans to see for the first time?
KRISTEN WIIG: Well, I love the date scene with the little boy [who spouts off outrageous statements]. That’s in the new director’s cut. And the scene with Paul Rudd — I really missed those date scenes. READ FULL STORY
'Bridesmaids': Kristen Wiig on her speedy writing process, and why Paul Rudd was cut from the film -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO
Even if you already caught Bridesmaids in theaters, you’ll want to check it out again at home. Why? Because unlike most comedies on DVD and Blu-ray that boast of hilarious special features, Bridesmaids actually delivers the goods. EW has an exclusive clip below from one of the behind-the-scenes features in which star Kristen Wiig, her writing partner Annie Mumolo, and producer Judd Apatow talking about the Bridesmaids writing process — including how quickly Wiig and Mumolo cranked out their first draft.
If you watch hard enough, you’ll even get a very quick peek of one of the best extras on the DVD and Blu-ray (out Sept. 20): A deleted scene between Kristen Wiig and Paul Rudd, in which they go on a blind date that starts off promisingly but then spirals out of control as Rudd turns out the be a short-fused rageaholic. READ FULL STORY
Hot off the success of Bridesmaids, Universal is set to renew its vows with the team of Judd Apatow and Paul Feig. EW has confirmed that, as first reported by Deadline, the studio has bought a comedy pitch from the duo, whose partnership goes back to co-creating the cult TV series Freaks and Geeks. Feig, who directed Bridesmaids, will write and direct the new comedy, and Apatow will again produce. No plot details yet, aside from the fact that the film will be an unconventional love story. Nevertheless, if you’re a fan of Team Apatow-Feig, you’re free to begin getting excited right now.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Horrible Bosses 2' review: Working too hard for too little payoff
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': New photos introduce us to Christian's mom, dad, and sister
- Assassin's Creed: Unity' fans get an apology from gamemaker for glitches
- Thanksgiving family movie nights: Our most awkward choices...and yours?
- Jennifer Aniston plays 'Horrible' prank on BBC DJ
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: Alfonso Ribeiro claims the mirrorball trophy
- 'Arrow' preview: Laurel dresses the part of Black Canary, but 'a mask does not a hero make'
- Netflix additions for December include 'Wolf of Wall Street,' 'American Horror Story: Coven'
- And the 'Dancing With the Stars' season 19 winner is...
- 'Dancing With the Stars' season finale recap: A nail-biter till the very end
- Jennifer Aniston and Lisa Kudrow try to out-curse each other on 'Kimmel'
- 'Arrow': Despite Black Canary costume, Laurel is far from a hero
- 'The Voice' recap: Meet the Top 8