• Mad Men and Community’s Alison Brie has signed on to play Will Ferrell’s fiancee in the Warner Bros. comedy Get Hard. Ferrell stars as an investment banker who is facing prison time and decides to enlist his car washer, played by Kevin Hart (Ride Along), to prepare him for life behind bars. Tropic Thunder co-scribe Etan Cohen is directing the pic for a March 27, 2015 release. Brie can be seen in theaters next in the comedy Search Party (out Sept. 12) alongside Krysten Ritter and Adam Pally. [Deadline]
Tag: Casting (91-100 of 992)
• Helena Bonham Carter is in final negotiations to reprise her role as the Red Queen in Through the Looking Glass, Disney’s follow-up to 2010’s box office sensation Alice in Wonderland. Johnny Depp and Mia Wasikowska are also returning as the Mad Hatter and Alice in the James Bobin-directed sequel set for a May 27, 2016 release. [Variety]
Casting Net: Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx in talks for 'Black Phantom'; Plus, Jason Sudeikis, Dr. Doom rumors
• Kevin Hart and Jamie Foxx are in talks to star in Black Phantom, a Screen Gems hitman pic. Ride Along‘s Tim Story is in talks to direct the film about a hitman reeling from a recent betrayal who hires the guy who was hired to kill him for help. Foxx can be seen next in The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (out May 2). Hart’s Think Like a Man Too (also directed by Story) is out June 20. [Variety] READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Leonardo DiCaprio drops out of 'The Deep Blue Good-by'; Plus, Thomas Kretschmann's Marvel deal, more
• Leonardo DiCaprio is no longer attached to star as the scrappy Florida beach bum Travis McGee in the big-screen adaptation of John D. MacDonald‘s The Deep Blue Good-by (the first in a 21-book series). Though it was being developed for DiCaprio, who earned an Academy nod for his performance in The Wolf of Wall Street, the actor decided to exit due to scheduling conflicts. Still, the project does seem to be moving forward for 20th Century Fox: It was just announced that Wolverine‘s James Mangold is in negotiations to direct, and Mystic River‘s Dennis Lehane penned the most recent draft of the script. DiCaprio’s Appian Way will still produce the project as well. Sound off in the comments if you have any ideas about who should play McGee in Leo’s absence. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
It has been two and a half long years since the release of the last Human Centipede film — or two and a half very short years, depending on how you feel about the infamous movies, in which people are attached together to form the titular monstrosity. Either way, Dutch writer/director and series overlord Tom Six is now preparing to unleash the third film in the franchise, the U.S.-shot Human Centipede 3 (Final Sequence). So what can horror fans expect from the final installment of this notoriously grotesque and much-parodied series?
Jurassic World, Universal’s highly anticipated new installment in the Jurassic Park franchise, has just added a new castmember: Vincent D’Onofrio (Men in Black) will play the villain in the film.
Directed by Colin Trevorrow (Safety Not Guaranteed) and due June 12, 2015, World also stars Chris Pratt and Bryce Dallas Howard. Park and The Lost World director Steven Spielberg is also on board as a producer.
• Patrick Wilson continues to surprise. After guest starring in one of Girls‘ most talked about episodes and appearing in the modestly budgeted box office smash The Conjuring, Wilson is set to go the superhero route. He’s reportedly signed on to appear in Marvel’s Ant-Man for director Edgar Wright. There are no details on his role yet. Paul Rudd and Michael Douglas are starring in the film about a biochemist who discovers a formula that allows him to shrink to the size of an ant. Disney has already set a July 31, 2015, release. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Survivor: San Juan del Sur -- Blood vs. Water': Meet the 9 pairs
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser: Fly through the air with the greatest unease
- 'Walking Dead' First Look/Q&A: Seth Gilliam as Father Gabriel Stokes
- 'Walking Dead': See 4 new EW collector's covers
- Chelsea Handler signs off, showered with love (and Ellen DeGeneres)
- 'Friends' Central Perk pop-up coffee shop to hit Manhattan in September
- 'Pretty Little Liars'; 'Bachelor in Paradise' recaps
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Sneak peek at season 10 DVD's gag reel
- New 'Survivor' cast boasts MLB pitcher John Rocker, Spider-Man actor, and 'Amazing Race' twins
- New 'Sons of Anarchy' photos are appropriately unsettling
- Homer Simpson takes on the Ice Bucket Challenge
- 'True Blood' star Kristin Bauer van Straten returning to 'Once Upon a Time' for major arc
- Ellen DeGeneres, Gwen Stefani, more say goodbye to 'Chelsea Lately'