• Josh Brolin (No Country for Old Men) is reportedly voicing a CGI Thanos in Marvel’s Guardians of the Galaxy. He’ll be joining fellow voice actors Bradley Cooper (Rocket Raccoon) and Vin Diesel (Groot) in the James Gunn-directed pic, which also stars Zoe Saldana, Chris Pratt, and Lee Pace. Thanos, a nihilistic purple supervillain, was introduced briefly in the post-credits sequence of The Avengers and is expected to be the main foe in Avengers: The Age of Ultron (May 1, 2015), which will be a more prominent role than his Guardians part. EW’s Darren Franich actually proposed Brolin as an option to voice the part back in 2012 — although folks seemed to prefer Gary Oldman, “anybody from Game of Thrones,” Ian McShane, and Ray Winstone to the W. star. [Latino Review] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Casting (41-50 of 991)
A German YouTube star might just give the Barden Bellas a run for their money.
Flula Borg — a YouTube DJ/musician/hype man — has been cast in Pitch Perfect 2, EW has confirmed. Deadline, which first reported the news, says he’ll be playing a member of a competing a cappella group.
Fans already know that the sequel to the 2013 hit, directed by Elizabeth Banks, will find the returning performers — including Anna Kendrick, Rebel Wilson, and Skylar Astin — now as college seniors.
Get a taste of Borg below: READ FULL STORY
• Katie Holmes will join Helen Mirren, Daniel Bruhl, and Ryan Reynolds in The Woman in Gold, a drama about a Holocaust survivor who is suing the Swiss government in hopes of reclaiming pieces of art that the Nazis stole from her family. Orphan Black‘s Tatiana Maslany plays a younger version of Mirren in the pic. Simon Curtis (My Week With Marilyn) is on board to direct. Holmes can be seen in theaters next in Phillip Noyce’s adaptation of Lois Lowry’s The Giver (out Aug. 15). [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
• Stephan James (The L.A. Complex) is in talks to star as famed Olympian Jesse Owens in Race. He’d be replacing John Boyega in the role, who had to drop out due to his Star Wars: Episode VII commitments. Stephen Hopkins is directing the biopic, which will follow Owens from his humble beginnings to the 1936 Berlin Olympics where he won four gold medals. Not quite yet a household name, James has a number of higher profile projects coming up, including the football pic When the Game Stands Tall and Ava DuVernay’s civil rights drama Selma. [The Wrap]
• Latin American music star Romeo Santos is the latest addition to the Fast & Furious 7 cast. Franchise star Vin Diesel announced the news on stage Thursday night at Santos’ sold-out Staples Center concert in L.A, but details on his role are unknown. Director James Wan recently resumed production on the pic, which is set for an April 10, 2015, release. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
As J.J. Abrams and company get underway shooting Star Wars: Episode VII, they’re still adding pieces to the cast. One of those pieces could be you.
In a very unusual move for the highly secretive film, a walk-on role for a member of the general public has been created and will be raffled off to benefit the charity UNICEF. READ FULL STORY
• Robert De Niro is set for Bus 757, a thriller about a card dealer aiming to rob a bank by taking a group of bus travelers hostage and using them as collateral. De Niro’s character is the owner of the casino in question. Scott Mann (The Tournament) will direct. His upcoming projects include the boxing drama Hands of Stone, staring Edgar Ramirez, and the cop thriller Candy Store, with Keira Knightley and Omar Sy. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
• Daniel Radcliffe is attached to star in You Shall Know Our Velocity, based on Dave Eggers‘ best-seller, which tells the story of a a pair of friends — one bookish and awkward and one who fancies himself a ladies man — who resolve to scatter their friend’s ashes among the pyramids. They also decide to give away the $32K insurance payout that they got after their friend was killed to anyone in need. Peter Sollett (Nick and Norah’s Infinite Playlist) is set to direct the pic, which is eyeing a spring 2015 shoot. Author Wells Tower adapted the script. [THR] READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 47 fall movies we can't wait to see
- Emmys 2014: Who will win...and who should
- 'Vampire Diaries' teaser: Let's see how everyone's doing without Damon
- 'Grey's Anatomy,' 'New Girl,' 'Once Upon a Time,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Frank Miller wrote that: 13 tell-tale signs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' comic book cover art backlash: Heroine cheek?
- Jonathan Lipnicki, a.k.a. the 'Jerry Maguire' kid, has some fun in 'You Used To Be Cute'
- 'Mythbusters' minus three: Tory Belleci, Kari Byron, Grant Imahara tweet goodbyes
- Elena has a drug problem in 'Vampire Diaries' season 6 promo
- 'Dating Naked' cast member sues after VH1 showed her naked
- New ABC special dares to rank all-time best 'Schoolhouse Rock' songs
- 'Spider-Woman #1' has a special variant cover that is causing some controversy for some reason
- Former child star Jonathan Lipnicki is all grown up in 'You Used To Be Cute'