• Oscar-winner Nicole Kidman (The Hours), Guy Pearce (Prometheus) and Hugo Weaving (The Hobbit) will all star in the Australian thriller Strangerland, about a couple whose two teenage children go missing in the Australian desert. Kim Farrant will direct the film from a script by Fiona Seres and Michael Kinirons. [THR]
Tag: Danny McBride (1-5 of 5)
Casting Net: Topher Grace in talks to take on time travel in 'Interstellar'; Plus, Danny McBride joins Cameron Crowe pic, more
• Topher Grace (Spider-Man 3) is in talks to join Christopher Nolan’s Interstellar in a supporting capacity. Naturally, no details were given about the nature of the role, but we’re hoping this could be the beginning of a Topher Grace career reboot. He has a number of projects in the works including The Invitation with Zachary Quinto, The Calling with Susan Sarandon, and A Many Splintered Thing with Aubrey Plaza and Chris Evans, a.k.a. April and not Andy. [Deadline]
It’s the end of the world. What do you do?
Well, if you’ve been kind to others, you get lifted up to heaven. But if you’ve been partying at James Franco’s house and, in Michael Cera’s case, smacking Rihanna’s butt and blowing cocaine in McLovin’s face, you probably won’t be greeted at the pearly gates anytime soon. Plan B? Camp out at Franco’s house with the likes of Seth Rogen, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride, Craig Robinson and Jay Baruchel, obviously. Because if you don’t, you could end up like Aziz Ansari, Mindy Kaling, or even Jason Segel … dead. Hey, it’s the end of the world. Celebrities die too.
In the new red-band trailer for This is the End, the apocalyptic comedy featuring celebrities playing “themselves,” a Hollywood party goes downhill fast after a gaping hole in Franco’s front yard claims the lives of numerous celebs. What follows is, quite simply, the end of the world, featuring four-legged demons, a very angry Hermione, and exactly one Milky Way.
Check out the red-band trailer for This Is The End below: READ FULL STORY
Celebrate the non-ending of the world with the red-band trailer for Seth Rogen's 'This is the End' -- VIDEO
This is how the world apparently really ends: not with the fulfillment of some ancient Mayan prophecy but with Seth Rogen, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Danny McBride, and assorted other members of their comedy posse mercilessly busting on each other and Craig Robinson drinking his own pee. At least that’s the vision of the apocalypse presented in the red-band trailer for This is the End, which features Rogen (who co-directed the movie with his Superbad writing partner Evan Goldberg) and a bunch of his friends playing themselves as the world falls to pieces around them. (RIP Michael Cera.)
Rogen — who introduces the trailer with his Pineapple Express co-star Franco — originally cooked up the idea for a post-apocalyptic comedy with Jay Baruchel back in 2007, and the two even made a fake trailer for the movie (then called Jay and Seth vs. the Apocalypse). After years of development and a couple of title changes, This is the End will finally theaters in June 2013. Assuming, of course, we make it that far. Watch the NSFW trailer: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- 'Falling Skies' boss answers burning Q's about season 4 finale
- 'Big Brother'; 'Masters of Sex'; 'Outlander'; 'Doctor Who': TV recaps
- 14 worst jobs, as seen at the movies
- 20 best (and 10 worst) movie theme songs
- 'Downton Abbey' trailer: Servants are people too? 'Preferably only on their days off'
- 'Arrow' teases Oliver and Felicity getting close
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness