The 39th Telluride Film Festival announced the lineup of its main program today, featuring a mix of premieres and previous festival favorites. The 25 films include Hyde Park on Hudson, starring Bill Murray as President Franklin D. Roosevelt (directed by Roger Michell); At Any Price, starring Dennis Quaid and Zac Efron as father and son farmers (directed by Ramin Bahrani); Frances Ha, starring Greta Gerwig, who also co-wrote the screenplay with director Noah Baumbach; Love, Marilyn, a documentary featuring a roster of actresses reading notes, letters, and poems penned by Marilyn Monroe (directed by Liz Garbus); and the Cannes Palme d’Or winner Amour (directed by Michael Haneke). READ FULL STORY
Tag: Dennis Quaid (1-3 of 3)
Casting Net: Robert DeNiro jetting off to 'Last Vegas.' Plus: Jennifer Aniston, Dennis Quaid, Chloe Moretz
• Robert DeNiro will star opposite Michael Douglas in the comedy Last Vegas, CBS Films announced today. The film follows four lifelong buddies who jet to Vegas for a bachelor party for the last one of them (Douglas) to get hitched. DeNiro will play the straightlaced friend who has to be cajoled into attending the party. Jon Turtletaub (National Treasure) will direct from a script by Dan Fogelman (Crazy, Stupid, Love.)
• Jennifer Aniston and Dennis Quaid will join Ty Burrell, John Hawkes, and Yasiin Bey (formerly known as Mos Def) in Switch, an adaptation of the Elmore Leonard novel by writer-director Daniel Schechter (the 2012 Tribeca film Supporting Characters). Not to be confused with Aniston’s 2010 comedy The Switch, this film follows a housewife (Aniston) who doesn’t want her embezzling husband (Quaid) back after he gets kidnapped. [THR]
• Cameron Diaz and Benicio del Toro have signed onto Agent: Century 21, an action comedy about a divorcée relator (Diaz) who finds herself entangled with a Mexican drug cartel. Del Toro will play the head of the cartel. [Variety]
• Chloe Moretz certainly isn’t afraid of things that go bump in the night. The Kick-Ass, Let Me In, and Dark Shadows star is in talks to play a zombie in Maggie, about a father who cares for his daughter during a zombie invasion. Paddy Considine (In America) is in talks to play the dad. [Variety]
Casting Net: Cameron Diaz nears ‘The Counselor.’ Plus: Matthew McConaughey, Paul Rudd, Amy Poehler, Chris Hemsworth
Casting Net: Rebecca Hall in talks for ‘Iron Man 3.’ Plus: Nina Dobrev, Nicole Kidman, Vince Vaughn
Casting Net: Arnold Schwarzenegger gets gritty in ‘Ten.’ Plus: ‘Maleficent’ fills out its cast
Latest Videos in Movies
- Lena Dunham hosts 'SNL': 'Girls' night
- 'Cosmos': Past vs. present, toward a better future?
- Oscars: What it's like to go with Jennifer Lawrence
- '24: Live Another Day' teaser: Jack vs. assassin
- 'Walking Dead': Lauren Cohan on Maggie and Glenn
- 'True Detective': Fun fan sites
- 'Supernatural' spinoff gets new title
- 'Reign': What did 'uncensored' sex scenes add?
- Fox renews 'Mindy Project,' 'The Following,' more
- Jennifer Lawrence's best friend wrote a behind-the-scenes account of Oscars night
- 'SNL' recap: Lena Dunham is just a girl, standing in front of an audience, asking them to like her
- Lena Dunham hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend: Talk about it here!
- Box office update: '300: Rise of an Empire' obliterates competition with a $17.7 million Friday