There are plenty of familiar faces in the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past (this week’s cover of EW), like Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Professor X (Patrick Stewart), and Magneto (Ian McKellen). But also several new mutants, including the first appearance of Quicksilver played by American Horror Story‘s Evan Peters. EW has an exclusive first look at the super speedy character in action, helping time-traveling Wolverine and young Charles (James McAvoy) break Erik (Michael Fassbender) out of prison. “That is the bulk of Quicksilver’s presence in this film,” explains producer/writer Simon Kinberg. “They need somebody who can help them get in and out of somewhere. And the idea is that Logan knew him in the future and so they go to try to find his younger self.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Evan Peters (1-4 of 4)
The eternal Days of Future Past social media press tour continues! This summer’s X-Men se-preboot-quel has just posted a very short video. Some of the footage is familiar, and there is a considerable amount of Fassbender doing his “I am crushing you with my brain” face. But there are a couple of notable new revelations. First: Jennifer Lawrence will do for the early ’70s what she did for the late ’70s in American Hustle. Second: Evan Peters is actually in this movie! You can get a quick glance at Magneto’s son Quicksilver, wearing what appears to be some kind of police uniform.
Anyhow, this video’s only like five seconds long, and it still has more mutants than X-Men 3. Watch below: READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Tim Burton adds Krysten Ritter to 'Big Eyes'; Plus, 'Downton Abbey's' Dan Stevens, more
• Don’t Trust the B in Apt. 23 may be over, but lead actress and television veteran Krysten Ritter isn’t letting that get in the way of her career. She’s been cast in Tim Burton’s Big Eyes alongside Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz to play Margaret Keane’s (Adams) supportive friend. Ritter is currently filming the comedy Search Party with Alison Brie and Adam Pally. [Deadline]
Bryan Singer is at it again! The director of the highly anticipated X-Men: Days of Future Past is quickly becoming a social media mastermind. After tweeting out numerous first looks at the cast, Singer’s latest tweet confirmed that Evan Peters will be joining the film as Quiksilver, the super-fast son of Magneto, whose twin sister, Scarlet Witch, can manipulate probability. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- 'Top Model' First Look: Pretty and twisted
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- TV recaps: 'Project Runway,' 'Big Brother'
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-5
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- STAHP in the name of love 967
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 465
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe 'Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- 'Big Brother' recap: Tell me about the rabbits, Caleb