There are plenty of familiar faces in the upcoming X-Men: Days of Future Past (this week’s cover of EW), like Wolverine (Hugh Jackman), Professor X (Patrick Stewart), and Magneto (Ian McKellen). But also several new mutants, including the first appearance of Quicksilver played by American Horror Story‘s Evan Peters. EW has an exclusive first look at the super speedy character in action, helping time-traveling Wolverine and young Charles (James McAvoy) break Erik (Michael Fassbender) out of prison. “That is the bulk of Quicksilver’s presence in this film,” explains producer/writer Simon Kinberg. “They need somebody who can help them get in and out of somewhere. And the idea is that Logan knew him in the future and so they go to try to find his younger self.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Evan Peters (1-4 of 4)
The eternal Days of Future Past social media press tour continues! This summer’s X-Men se-preboot-quel has just posted a very short video. Some of the footage is familiar, and there is a considerable amount of Fassbender doing his “I am crushing you with my brain” face. But there are a couple of notable new revelations. First: Jennifer Lawrence will do for the early ’70s what she did for the late ’70s in American Hustle. Second: Evan Peters is actually in this movie! You can get a quick glance at Magneto’s son Quicksilver, wearing what appears to be some kind of police uniform.
Anyhow, this video’s only like five seconds long, and it still has more mutants than X-Men 3. Watch below: READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Tim Burton adds Krysten Ritter to 'Big Eyes'; Plus, 'Downton Abbey's' Dan Stevens, more
• Don’t Trust the B in Apt. 23 may be over, but lead actress and television veteran Krysten Ritter isn’t letting that get in the way of her career. She’s been cast in Tim Burton’s Big Eyes alongside Amy Adams and Christoph Waltz to play Margaret Keane’s (Adams) supportive friend. Ritter is currently filming the comedy Search Party with Alison Brie and Adam Pally. [Deadline]
Bryan Singer is at it again! The director of the highly anticipated X-Men: Days of Future Past is quickly becoming a social media mastermind. After tweeting out numerous first looks at the cast, Singer’s latest tweet confirmed that Evan Peters will be joining the film as Quiksilver, the super-fast son of Magneto, whose twin sister, Scarlet Witch, can manipulate probability. READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Sons of Anarchy' wraps series finale, team shares pics from set
- 31 scariest movies of all time: Chris Nashawaty's picks
- 17 creepiest TV shows
- 'How to Get Away With Murder': Talk about 'Freakin' Whack-a-Mole' surprises
- 'Scandal'; 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; more TV recaps
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Project Runway All Stars'; 'Graceland'; more TV recaps
- 'Modern Family' Halloween: Welcome to AwesomeLand
- Maggie Gyllenhaal and Ewan McGregor in 'The Real Thing': EW stage review
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey' star joins Kevin Williamson's CBS drama pilot
- Get an exclusive first look at 'Pride and Prejudice and Zombies'
- Lily Rabe to appear on 'American Horror Story: Freak Show,' reprise 'Asylum' role
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- Children of the Revolution: An exclusive first look at 'Terminator: Genisys'