DC isn’t getting all of Warner Bros.’ franchise love. As part of today’s news dump—which also included the announcement of a whopping 10 DC films—the studio also laid out the future of two other giant properties: Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the Lego Movie universe. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Fantastic Beasts (1-2 of 2)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Warner Bros.’ return to J.K. Rowling’s world of witchcraft and wizardy, will open in theaters on Nov. 18, 2016. Set in New York City 70 years before the adventures of Harry Potter, the Rowling-scripted movie is the first of a trilogy based on the 42-page guidebook purportedly written by magizoologist Newt Scamander. The book’s foreword was penned by one Albus Dumbledore, so it’s presumed that a younger version of the future headmaster of Hogwarts will play a role in the new trilogy.
No director or cast has been announced, and Rowling is still working on the script.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'