DC isn’t getting all of Warner Bros.’ franchise love. As part of today’s news dump—which also included the announcement of a whopping 10 DC films—the studio also laid out the future of two other giant properties: Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the Lego Movie universe. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Fantastic Beasts (1-2 of 2)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Warner Bros.’ return to J.K. Rowling’s world of witchcraft and wizardy, will open in theaters on Nov. 18, 2016. Set in New York City 70 years before the adventures of Harry Potter, the Rowling-scripted movie is the first of a trilogy based on the 42-page guidebook purportedly written by magizoologist Newt Scamander. The book’s foreword was penned by one Albus Dumbledore, so it’s presumed that a younger version of the future headmaster of Hogwarts will play a role in the new trilogy.
No director or cast has been announced, and Rowling is still working on the script.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Walking Dead': How far will it have to go to keep shocking us?
- 'Gotham' costume designer on what clothes tell us about each character
- 'Big Bang Theory'; 'Dancing With the Stars'; 'The Voice'; 'Sleepy Hollow'; more TV recaps
- 'The Blacklist'; 'Originals'; 'Gotham'; 'Jane the Virgin'; more TV recaps
- 'Fraggle Rock' actor Gerard Parkes dies at 90
- 'SNL' adds Leslie Jones as cast member
- 'Star Wars' First Look: Alex Ross' cover for Marvel comic book
- 'Vampire Diaries' sneak peek: Elena and Stefan are southbound?
- Disney announces 2016 release for animated feature 'Moana'
- Are we all numb to the atrocities of 'Walking Dead'?
- 'Gotham' costume secrets: Revealing details you may have missed
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: A pecs-tacular shirtless week
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy' soundtrack to be released on cassette tapes