DC isn’t getting all of Warner Bros.’ franchise love. As part of today’s news dump—which also included the announcement of a whopping 10 DC films—the studio also laid out the future of two other giant properties: Harry Potter spinoff Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them and the Lego Movie universe. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Fantastic Beasts (1-2 of 2)
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them, Warner Bros.’ return to J.K. Rowling’s world of witchcraft and wizardy, will open in theaters on Nov. 18, 2016. Set in New York City 70 years before the adventures of Harry Potter, the Rowling-scripted movie is the first of a trilogy based on the 42-page guidebook purportedly written by magizoologist Newt Scamander. The book’s foreword was penned by one Albus Dumbledore, so it’s presumed that a younger version of the future headmaster of Hogwarts will play a role in the new trilogy.
No director or cast has been announced, and Rowling is still working on the script.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' recap: Cameron Diaz is a 'Back Home Baller'
- AMAs 2013 flashback: See how we graded last year's performances
- AMAs 2013 flashback: What the stars wore--and how we sized up their style
- 'Mockingjay--Part 1': $123M opening weekend
- 'Jurassic World' teases Thanksgiving trailer: 3 nods to 'Jurassic Park'
- 'Hobbit' First Look: Billy Boyd music video for the 'Last Goodbye' closing theme
- Stephen Merchant answers burning Q's about 'Hello Ladies: The Movie' (including THAT cameo)
- 20 platonic movie/TV power couples
- See the exclusive music video for 'The Hobbit's 'Last Goodbye,' with Billy Boyd and goosebumps aplenty
- Bodies of Work: 49 Unforgettable Nude Scenes
- 'Saturday Night Live' recap: 'Cameron Diaz and Mark Ronson/Bruno Mars'
- Cameron Diaz hosts 'Saturday Night Live' this weekend -- talk about it here!
- Harry Potter's Hogwarts Alums: Ranking Achievements Three Years Later