• Tom Cruise and director Doug Liman are reportedly courting Jack Nicholson for the Warner Bros. comedy El Presidente, about a by-the-books secret service agent assigned to protect “America’s worst former President” who boozes and womanizes with abandon. Nicholson would play the part of the President, a VP who assumed the Commander-in-Chief’s job after the President died. According to the report, the project has been in development since 2010 — originally with Jay Roach in the director’s chair. Nicholson and Cruise appeared together previously in 1992’s A Few Good Men, which earned Nicholson a Best Supporting Actor nomination. The three-time Oscar winner has not appeared in a movie since 2010’s How Do You Know. [THR]
Tag: Felicity Huffman (1-2 of 2)
Casting Net: 'The Avengers' star Clark Gregg assembling killer cast for 'Trust Me.' Plus: Gael Garcia Bernal to play AIDS patient
• Gael Garcia Bernal is negotiating to star opposite Matthew McConaughey in The Dallas Buyer’s Club, about a Texas man with AIDS who starts smuggling drugs into the country to help fellow patients combat the disease. Bernal would play one of those patients. Jean-Marc Vallee (The Young Victoria) is directing from a script by Craig Borten and Melisa Wallack (Meet Bill), based on the real-life story of a man named Ron Woodroof. [THR]
• The cast for the big screen adaptation of the Pulitzer Prize-winning play August: Osage County is complete. Julianne Nicholson (Law and Order: Criminal Intent) will play Ivy Weston, the mousy middle daughter of Weston family matriarch Violet (Meryl Streep), who still lives in the same town as her parents and bears the brunt of her mother’s abuse. Julia Roberts and Juliette Lewis will play the eldest and youngest daughters, respectively, meaning either the Hollywood gods or director John Wells (The Company Men) have a real sly sense of humor. Benedict Cumberbatch, Ewan McGregor, Abigail Breslin, Dermot Mulroney, Chris Cooper, Margo Martindale, Sam Shepard, and Misty Upham (Frozen River) will costar. Playwright Tracy Letts also wrote the screenplay. [Deadline]
Casting Net: Seth Green to rock out in ‘The Identical.’ Plus: Aubrey Plaza, Anthony Mackie, Kevin Costner
Casting Net: Elijah Wood to be ‘The Late Bloomer.’ Plus: Miles Teller, Richard Madden
Casting Net: Wes Bentley, Brit Marling join Lincoln biopic ‘The Green Blade Rises.’ Plus: Martin Freeman, Judi Dench, Steve Coogan
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dancing With the Stars' recap: And the mirrorball goes to...
- 'The Flash'; 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'