In 2001, writer-directors Lucky McKee and Chris Sivertson killed off a group of cheerleaders in All Cheerleaders Die. Now, they’ve done it again in a remake of their own film, which hits theaters Friday and is also available on VOD. So why do the pair hate cheerleaders so much? READ FULL STORY
Tag: Film (71-80 of 1053)
It might actually be easier to retrieve a skyscraper from the villainous hands of Alan Rickman than to have avoided seeing an action film produced by Joel Silver, whose blockbuster credits merely begin with The Matrix, Lethal Weapon, and — yes — Die Hard. Silver’s most recent hit was the Jaume Collet-Serra-directed Non-Stop, which stars Julianne Moore, Lupita Nyong’o, and, of course, Liam Neeson in the lead role of an air marshal desperate to figure out who is orchestrating the deaths of people on a transatlantic flight. To mark this week’s release of the film on DVD and Blu-ray, Silver talked to Entertainment Weekly about the movie, the likelihood of a non-plane-set sequel, and why his 12-year-old son probably deserves an increase in his allowance.
Fed up with Hollywood’s fondness for CGI? Nostalgic for the days of practical effects-heavy horror movies like John Carpenter’s The Thing and the early Alien movies? Then you’re going to want to check out the trailer for the new, Lance Henriksen-starring creature feature Harbinger Down.
James Franco has found the man to play actor Greg Sestero in his forthcoming adaptation of Sestero‘s 2013 book The Disaster Artist, which details the author’s involvement in the cult film The Room. Not that Franco had to look very far: According to 3 News, Franco’s brother Dave attended a Los Angeles screening of The Room over the weekend and, during a Q&A with the film’s mercurial writer-director-star Tommy Wiseau, asked him, “How do you feel about me playing Greg Sestero in the movie?” Wiseau responded by declaring, “That’s what I say: It’s a good choice.” James Franco seemed to confirm the casting news when he tweeted a photograph of Wiseau with his brother, which you can see above.
We’re in for some tough fluff.
Disney has released new posters for the upcoming animated feature Big Hero 6. The posters feature Hiro Hamada, a young robotics prodigy and our hero, trying to fit armor on his large robot companion, Baymax (though not without a bit of struggle). READ FULL STORY
Set in a lawless Australian outback 10 years after a devastating economic collapse, The Rover stars Guy Pearce as an embittered Aussie who has lost his family and Robert Pattinson as an American too young to remember a time before everything went to Hell. The second feature from David Michôd — director of 2010’s acclaimed, Pearce-starring gangster-thriller Animal Kingdom — debuts in New York and Los Angeles on June 13 and goes nationwide the following week.
Over the past couple of years, the Austin, Texas-based Mondo has gained a reputation for making some of the coolest movie-related posters around. Now the boutique merchandise arm of the Alamo Drafthouse cinema chain has announced the initial lineup of guests for its first ever MondoCon, which takes place September 20 and 21 at Austin’s Marchesa Hall & Theater.
Robin Wright has been back in the news recently, thanks to her acclaimed performance in the Netflix show House of Cards — and the buzz around her looks set to continue this summer. Why? Because in her new film The Congress, the actress essays the role of “Robin Wright,” a fictionalized version of herself who sells her digital likeness to a Hollywood studio — allowing her computerized image to appear in any film the company wants — so she can care for her ailing son.
Latest Videos in Movies
- C-3PO's 'Star Wars' past, present, and future: A deep-dive Q&A with Anthony Daniels
- 'Interstellar' poster puts Matthew McConaughey in a spacesuit to brave the unknown
- 'Scandal' role for Brian Benben
- Jessica Lange's 'AHS: Freak Show' role: 'delusional, narcissistic, ruthless in her ambition'
- 'Making a Scene with James Franco': 6 new photos from movie mash-up series
- Valerie Cherish's return promises to be 'like 'Comeback' crack' for fans
- Andrew Rannells talks 'Hedwig,' 'Book of Mormon,' 'Girls'
- 'Revenge' season 4 trailer: 'Emily Thorne, I'm coming for you'
- 'Utopia' ratings plummet 752
- Famed James Bond villain Richard Kiel dies at 74 523
- Discovery to strand Democrat and Republican senators on deserted island 481
- The glimmering crocodile tears of Princess Victoria, First of Her Name 475
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks 351
- 'Big Bang Theory' star Kaley Cuoco explains why she chopped off her long locks
- 'Breaking Bad,' 1 year later: Emmy-winning team tells 'Ozymandias' secrets
- 'Revenge' first look: Watch the trailer for season 4
- Ryan Murphy on 'AHS: Freak Show': 'This season, once you die, you're dead'
- 'Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies' Tapestry Revealed