What would you do if you found out a beloved family member was responsible for an unspeakable series of crimes? That’s the hook of the director Peter Askin’s new horror-thriller A Good Marriage, an adaptation of the Stephen King novella, which arrives in cinemas and on VOD Oct. 3.
Tag: Horror Movies (31-40 of 418)
In the new Canadian horror movie Septic Man, Jason David Brown plays a sewage worker who falls into a septic tank and gradually mutates into a monstrous beastie. Brown won Best Actor in a Horror Film award at last year’s Fantastic Fest genre festival for his performance—but this gross-out film is not one to watch while you’re eating. Then again…
Both Kevin Smith’s Tusk and ABCs of Death 2 will screen at this year’s Fantastic Fest, it was announced today as the genre festival unveiled its first wave of programming. This will be the U.S. premiere of Smith’s Justin Long-starring horror movie and the world premiere of the terror anthology sequel, which features contributions from filmmakers E.L. Katz (Cheap Thrills), Larry Fessenden (Beneath), and the Soska sisters (American Mary, the forthcoming See No Evil 2).
The endearingly nuts Leprechaun franchise has been a straight-to-video enterprise since 1994’s Leprechaun 2 failed to repeat the box-office success of the previous year’s Jennifer Aniston-starring Leprechaun. But two decades on, the little monster from Ireland is once again going to grace the big screen.
How do you make one of the best low-budget horror movies of the past few years? With a lot of booze and no underwear. At least, that’s what the folks responsible for zombie film The Battery claim in the trailer for a making-of documentary—which will be included among the bonus extras when Scream Factory releases the film on Blu-ray and DVD, September 16.
“Keep watching the skies!” warned Douglas Spencer’s reporter at the end of the 1951 science-fiction classic The Thing From Another World. More than 60 years on, that remains good advice for characters in alien-themed horror movies such as the Tribeca-screened Extraterrestrial. This third film from directors the Vicious Brothers (Grave Encounters) details a weekend getaway by five college friends which goes horribly awry when aliens invade.
Comic-Con may be one of the biggest movie-related shindigs on the face of the planet, but it still makes space for some of life’s smaller—not to mention Irish-er—things. That’s in reference, of course, to Leprechaun: Origins, the horror reboot starring WWE wrestler Dylan “Hornswoggle” Postl as the titular Emerald Isle monster.
A few years back, shortly before the release of his debut horror film The Pact, writer-director Nicholas McCarthy told EW, “I think hearing people scream is almost too addictive of a moment for me—I want to do it one more time.” Now, McCarthy is doing it one more time with At the Devil’s Door, another likely scream-inducing project which is released on VOD on August 8 and arrives in cinemas September 12.
Those familiar with James Wan’s supernatural tale The Conjuring—or the occult museum of real-life purported ghostbuster Lorraine Warren—will know about the allegedly haunted doll, Annabelle. Well, now the figurine o’ fright has been gifted her own movie, the Wan-produced origin story Annabelle, which arrives in cinemas October 3.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's Anatomy; 'Scandal'; more TV recaps
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; 'Parenthood'; 'Gracepoint'; more TV recaps
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer