After John Travolta introduced Frozen singer Idina Menzel as “Adela Dazeem” during Sunday night’s Oscars telecast, the actor didn’t say anything about the incident for almost two days. Now he’s speaking out — and this time, he’s not leaving any room for a slip of the tongue. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Idina Menzel (1-5 of 5)
Frozen won two Oscars on Sunday night, including the big one for Best Animated Film. The hit song “Let It Go” also picked up the statue for Best Original Song after Idina Menzel sang it beautifully for the Dolby Theatre’s audience. Her vocal co-star Kristen Bell co-presented the Academy’s sci-tech awards with Michael B. Jordan — but if you wanted to hear and see her sing, there’s still an opportunity.
On Feb. 9, most of the film’s cast gathered for a “live cabaret” through Frozen‘s hit soundtrack. Some of the event’s best bits still haven’t been seen publicly — but thanks to Disney Movies Anywhere, the Mouse’s new cloud-based digital movie service, there’s now video of Bell and Santino Fontana, who played the devious Hans, bantering back and forth as they perform “Love is an Open Door.”
Click below for a clip: READ FULL STORY
Disney’s record-breaking musical behemoth Frozen scored two Oscar nominations this morning — one for Best Animated Feature, and another for the film’s musical showstopper “Let It Go.” Both weren’t much of a surprise, given the huge popularity of the movie and its continued dominance both at the box office and on the Billboard charts. EW hopped on the phone with Frozen‘s happy directors and composers, as well as Tony winner Idina Menzel (who sang “Let It Go”), to chat about their blizzard of a morning. READ FULL STORY
John Lasseter has one rule: Walt Disney Animation Studio films have to be amazing. They bear Walt’s name, after all.
In celebration of a slew of announcements at Disney’s D23 Expo in Anaheim, Calif., on Friday, audiences were treated to never-before-seen clips and concept art behind two of their most anticipated properties — Frozen, with appearances by voice actors Kristen Bell and Josh Gad, and Big Hero 6. Lasseter also announced the development of Zootopia, a brand-new concept for 2016 that puts the animals back in clothes.
The Wicked Witch of Oz might be turning green with envy (if she wasn’t already, obviously).
Idina Menzel, who won a Tony Award for originating the role of misunderstood Elphaba in Broadway’s Wicked, will be playing a different type of sorceress in Walt Disney Animation’s upcoming Frozen, loosely based on 1845’s The Snow Queen by Hans Christian Andersen.
Kristen Bell will costar as Anna, a young girl who ventures to find Menzel’s Snow Queen and end the perpetual winter that has fallen over their mythical kingdom, the studio announced today.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': How big at the box office?
- Chris Pratt: 'Parks and Rec' will get ending it deserves (dinosaurs?)
- 'Top Model' First Look: Pretty and twisted
- Jon Stewart on 'Rosewater': 'a love letter to expression'
- 'Big Brother' eviction: 3 Q's for Julie Chen
- TV recaps: 'Project Runway,' 'Big Brother'
- 'The Killing': Binging? Read our recaps of episodes 1-5
- Comic-Con: Why Team 'Twilight' made it better
- STAHP in the name of love 967
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 465
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 460
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Dick Smith, makeup artist of 'The Godfather,' 'The Exorcist': A tribute
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Entertainment Geekly: Or maybe 'Twilight' was the best thing to happen to Comic-Con
- 'Big Brother' recap: Tell me about the rabbits, Caleb