This year was all about a boy wizard, a Bumblebee, and a sparklevamp. Joining Harry, Sam, and Edward in 2011’s box office toppers were two groups of wedding-oriented train wrecks, several superheroes, and a bunch of upstart Southern domestics. Over in DVDs, a couple instances of horse power and some evil geniuses joined the fray. So which films topped the box-0ffice? Click through to see 2011’s most popular movies. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Inception (1-10 of 22)
Get in on that action here. I’d forgotten how much the Star Trek poster looks like a relatively benign ghost.Feeling disoriented from this image of Inception — at a key moment when logic and proportion had fallen sloppy dead? That’s not good enough! AMC Theatres want you to relive the in-theater experience of Inception — along with Fast Five and Star Trek — in IMAX on the cheap. They’ll be offering all three titles in IMAX for just $7 for the next week. (Sept. 30 through Oct. 6.)
It just started raining in Los Angeles for the first time since June. This siren call to spend the entire weekend at the movies can’t be a coincidence….
Oh wait, of course it can, because L.A. is not the center of the universe!
Starting today at 1 p.m. ET, The Dark Knight won’t be the only Warner Bros. title available for rental on Facebook. The next five titles included in the studio’s experiment are Inception, Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone, Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets, Life as We Know It, and Yogi Bear. “We’re pleased to expand our test with a variety of titles that will appeal to a broad audience,” Thomas Gewecke, President of Warner Bros. Digital Distribution, said in the announcement. “These titles have substantial followings on Facebook. The Fan Pages for Harry Potter and Inception alone are two of the most popular and active communities on the site.” In care you’re curious: Inception has more than 6 million Facebook fans, while Life As We Know It, the Katherine Heigl-Josh Duhamel rom-com, has 214,766, and Yogi Bear has 161,031.
her Inception director, Christopher Nolan, for The Dark Knight Rises, according to People. Though it’s unclear what role she will be playing, the pregnant actress — who’s expecting in April — joins a cast that already includes Christian Bale, Michael Caine, Morgan Freeman, Gary Oldman, and newcomers Anne Hathaway and Tom Hardy.Oscar-winner Marion Cotillard (La Vie en Rose) is reuniting with
‘The Dark Knight Rises’ may add Joseph Gordon-Levitt to the cast
‘The Dark Knight Rises’ Burning Questions: Where’s Talia? Will Catwoman show up? And will Bane break Batman’s back?
‘The Dark Knight Rises’ scoop: Anne Hathaway, Tom Hardy join cast
The awesome new trailer for ‘Batman: Arkham City’ resembles everything we’ve been hearing about ‘The Dark Knight Rises.’ Interesting, huh?
Christopher Nolan says Heath Ledger will not appear in ‘The Dark Knight Rises’
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' teaser 3: Most twisted yet
- 'New Girl' has a new guy: Julian Morris in recurring role
- 'Doctor Who' and the joys of sadness
- 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries,' more fresh TV spoilers
- 'How to Train Your Dragon 2': Flying high globally, clipped wings in U.S.--so, was it a hit?
- Summer of Butts: A cheeky look at 2014 season's most distinguishing feature
- Norman Reedus' personal 'Walking Dead' photo album
- 'Walking Dead' cast reveals how they'd like their characters to die
- 'American Horror Story: Freak Show' exclusive: Watch the most twisted teaser yet!
- Entertainment Geekly: 'Doctor Who' is the saddest show on television
- Spoiler Room: Scoop on 'Revenge,' 'Criminal Minds,' 'Vampire Diaries' and more
- On the Books: Bruce Springsteen's publishing a book about a bank-robbing baby
- Summer box office: Why didn't 'How to Train Your Dragon 2' fly higher?