Writer-director Peter Docter ’s upcoming film is set in a place where few men have dared venture: the mind of a pre-pubescent girl. Pixar’s Inside Out—out June 19—was inspired by the Up director’s young daughter Elie, whose entry into adolescence transformed her from a mischievous girl into a “quiet” pre-teen. “[As parents] we were like, ‘Wow, that’s so unlike her, what’s going on her brain?’” recalls Docter, who made his directorial debut with Monsters Inc. “And that’s what lead to the heart of the story—the question of what goes on inside our own minds.” READ FULL STORY
Tag: Inside Out (1-4 of 4)
Show of hands: Who else is really excited about Inside Out?
Until now, Pixar has been tight-lipped about its upcoming film, which takes place entirely inside an 11-year-old girl’s brain. But at the Annecy International Animated Film Festival in France yesterday, Variety reports that Inside Out director Pete Docter both showed the opening of the film and outlined his vision for the whole movie. READ FULL STORY
If you thought you were excited before…
Pixar just revealed plot details of its latest animated tale, Inside Out, which will take viewers inside the mind of an 11-year-old girl named Riley.
Pixar writes: “Growing up can be a bumpy road, and it’s no exception for Riley, who is uprooted from her Midwest life when her father starts a new job in San Francisco. Like all of us, Riley is guided by her emotions — Joy (Amy Poehler), Fear (Bill Hader), Anger (Lewis Black), Disgust (Mindy Kaling) and Sadness (Phyllis Smith). The emotions live in Headquarters, the control center inside Riley’s mind, where they help advise her through everyday life. As Riley and her emotions struggle to adjust to a new life in San Francisco, turmoil ensues in Headquarters. Although Joy, Riley’s main and most important emotion, tries to keep things positive, the emotions conflict on how best to navigate a new city, house and school.”
First of all, a round of applause for a voice cast that is a comedy fan’s dream. Secondly, anyone else think the characters in this Pete Docter-directed tale sound a bit like the muses from 1997’s Hercules?
Inside Out will be released June 19, 2015.
Pixar turned its table lamp on its voice actors for the upcoming films The Good Dinosaur and Inside Out at the Disney fan convention D23.
The equivalent of Disney’s Comic-Con brought new revelations about the plots for the upcoming movies, which feature a dinosaur keeping a toddler human as a pet, a journey inside the workings of the human mind, and a return to the ocean for a sequel to a Pixar classic.
Disney animation czar John Lasseter also showed off footage from the films, and presided over a parade of voice talent.
Among the biggest news was that Pixar’s Finding Nemo sequel — Finding Dory — would feature Eugene Levy and Diane Keaton as the parents of Ellen DeGeneres’ forgetful fish, while Modern Family‘s Ty Burrell will voice a beluga named Bailey.
READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Project Runway' finale recap: And the winner is...
- 'Grey’s Anatomy': Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- Peter Jackson lets us peek at his prep work for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- 'How to Get Away With Murder'; 'Grey's Anatomy; 'Scandal'; more TV recaps
- 'Forever' sneak peek: Henry and Jo mix classy and sassy
- 'Vampire Diaries'; 'Reign'; 'Parenthood'; 'Gracepoint'; more TV recaps
- Taylor Swift's '1989' review: Losing herself in 'pop'?
- Brad Pitt talks 'Fury' (or is that 'Furry'?) on 'Between Two Ferns'
- Aaron Paul takes on Toys 'R' Us after 'Breaking Bad' toys are pulled
- Peter Jackson walks us through his battle plans for 'The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies'
- Videogame face-off: 'FIFA 10' vs. 'NBA2K10'
- 'Grey's Anatomy' star Sara Ramirez dissects shocking Calzona twist
- The 17 most important GIFs from the 'Avengers 2' trailer