For years, I’ve joked that Metallica has exactly two good songs, both of them off their mega-selling 1991 album Metallica. Those two songs are the lovely, lilting “Nothing Else Matters,” the closest these demon noise-makers ever came to a power ballad, and also “Enter Sandman,” which is their primordially catchy if very sinister idea of a lullaby. In a funny way, I’d say that Metallica agrees with me: Those two uncharacteristically melodious and listenable tunes are played at the very end of their new concert film, Metallica Through the Never. They know, in their way, that they’re saving the best for last. READ FULL STORY
Tag: James Hetfield (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Dancing With the Stars': And the mirrorball goes to...
- 'Supernatural'; 'The Voice'; 'Mindy Project'; more TV recaps
- Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson breaks silence in ABC News interview
- Jim Parsons gets a read on 1922 play 'Merton of the Movies': 'a very visceral link to the past'
- 'Jurassic World': Watch first full trailer
- Hugh Jackman welcomes(?) us to Neverland in 'Pan' trailer
- Black Friday preview: Where to find deals on Blu-ray, books, videogames
- Jennifer Aniston vs. Lisa Kudrow: A little cussing among 'Friends'