For years, I’ve joked that Metallica has exactly two good songs, both of them off their mega-selling 1991 album Metallica. Those two songs are the lovely, lilting “Nothing Else Matters,” the closest these demon noise-makers ever came to a power ballad, and also “Enter Sandman,” which is their primordially catchy if very sinister idea of a lullaby. In a funny way, I’d say that Metallica agrees with me: Those two uncharacteristically melodious and listenable tunes are played at the very end of their new concert film, Metallica Through the Never. They know, in their way, that they’re saving the best for last. READ FULL STORY
Tag: James Hetfield (1-1 of 1)
- 'Survivor' result: Talk about it!
- 'Sing-Off' judges get 'Hooked on a Feeling'!
- 'Mockingjay' theories: So, who is Antonius?
- Sarah Paulson's Emma Thompson impression?!
- 'Hobbit: the Desolation of Smaug': EW review
- 'American Hustle': EW review
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Violence earned?
- 'Breaking Bad' vs. 'Walking Dead': Which won 2013?
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale post-mortem: Burning questions answered
- Victoria's Secret Fashion Show: Taylor Swift Wishes
- 'Sons of Anarchy' season finale recap: A Mother's Work
- 'Sons of Anarchy': Maggie Siff talks about tonight's shocker ending
- 'Sons of Anarchy' postmortem: Jimmy Smits on Nero's choices (and cardigans)