• Gerard Butler is attached to star in the sci-fi adventure Geostorm. Longtime writer-producer Dean Devlin (Independence Day) is writing and directing the movie which posits a world where satellites can control the climate. When they begin to malfunction, Butler’s “charming satellite designer” has to work quickly to save the world from the imminent storm. [THR]
Tag: Jane Fonda (1-6 of 6)
Jane Fonda will receive the American Film Institute’s 42nd Life Achievement Award, one of Hollywood’s most prestigious career honors.
“Jane Fonda is American film royalty,” AFI chairman Howard Stringer said in a statement released Thursday. “A bright light first introduced to the world as the daughter of Henry Fonda, the world watched as she found her own voice and forged her own path.”
At 75, Fonda’s career hasn’t slowed, including roles in “Lee Daniels’ The Butler” and HBO’s “The Newsroom.”
Fond drew the ire of many Americans when she visited North Vietnam at the height of the Vietnam War, leaving a stigma that would last for decades.
The AFI award will be presented at a star-studded gala on June 5, 2014, to be televised later that month on TNT.
Casting Net: Sofia Vergara in talks for 'Heat'; Plus 'This Is Where I Leave You' nabs Corey Stoll, hopes for Jane Fonda, more
• Sofia Vergara is in talks to star alongside Jason Statham in a remake of the 1986 Burt Reynolds film Heat — not to be confused with Michael Mann’s 1995 film Heat, or 1972′s Sunset Boulevard parody Heat, or even this summer’s Melissa McCarthy comedy. Of course that’s called The Heat. Simon West (Con Air, The Expendables 2) will direct the project which tells the story of a bodyguard, and former gambler, who helps a friend after she is attacked by the mob. William Goldman, who wrote the novel, penned the original script and the update. [Variety]
• The Jason Bateman (and possibly Tina Fey) comedy This Is Where I Leave You continues to round out its cast. Corey Stoll, the charismatic actor who took on the role of Ernest Hemingway in Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris, has signed on to the film to play Bateman’s brother. [Variety] Jane Fonda is also in talks to join the cast as the recently widowed Hillary Foxman. [Deadline]
Perhaps it should have been called Peace, Love & Clothing Optional? Jane Fonda’s latest offering Peace, Love & Misunderstanding finds the Oscar-winning ’60s icon going back to her roots as Grace, a matriarch who never quite moved past her hippie dippy heyday. Grace’s high-strung daughter (Catherine Keener) returns home with her kids (Elizabeth Olsen, Nat Wolff) in tow, setting the stage for a buzz-killing culture clash.
In this exclusive behind-the scenes featurette, Fonda and her on-screen family talk about the project alongside director Bruce Beresford (Driving Miss Daisy) and co-stars Chace Crawford and Jeffrey Dean Morgan. Oh yeah, and then there’s that naked dude…. Check it out below. READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: 'Iron Man 3' lands new villain. Plus: Kate Beckinsale, Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins, Annette Bening, Larry David, Jane Fonda
• Morgan Freeman is in talks to join the increasingly impressive cast of the older-men-on-a-bachelor-party-bender comedy Last Vegas, starring Michael Douglas and Robert DeNiro. [Deadline]
• Helena Bonham Carter and Kathy Bates have joined The Young and Prodigious Spivet, an English-language coming-of-age road film from Amélie director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, about a precocious 12-year-old boy (Kyle Catlett) en route from Montana to the Smithsonian Museum. Jeunet cowrote the script with regular collaborator Guillaume Laurant. [Variety]
• Larry David is in talks to star and Greg Mottola (Superbad) is in talks to direct an untitled comedy. Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm scribes Alec Berg, David Mandel, and Jeff Schaffer penned the screenplay, but the film will reportedly be partially improvised. [THR]
Check out project news for Anthony Hopkins, Annette Bening, Kate Beckinsale, Nick Nolte, Jane Fonda, Joel Edgerton, John Cusack, Max Greenfield below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Simpsons' First Look: Homer meets Lego Homer!
- 'X-Men' trailer: Retro-Sentinels and...the Dude?!
- 'View': Seating chart for a peaceful co-host reunion
- Tribeca Film Fest: 13 must-see premieres
- 'Voice': Top 12 Power List
- Kiera Cass' 'The One': New trailer
- Best summer blockbusters: Ah-nold at No. 10
- 'Orphan Black': How Sarah became British
- 'Fast & Furious 7': Paul Walker's brothers joining production
- 'Game of Thrones': Joffrey wedding crowns new piracy record
- Tina Fey and Robert Carlock on '30 Rock' finale, and why they screened 'iCarly'
- 'Heroes Reborn: Digital Series' launching in conjunction with reboot
- 'Fargo' premiere: Martin Freeman talks THAT scene