Audiences didn’t get a chance to see the Wachowskis’ Jupiter Ascending this summer when it was pushed from its July 2014 release date into February. But now fans of the brother-sister duo can be satiated with a new trailer for the film that looks to be a wacky ride featuring Channing Tatum as a “half-wolf, half-albino warrior,” Mila Kunis as unlikely royalty, and Eddie Redmayne as a wonderfully hammy actor, apparently. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Jupiter Ascending (1-6 of 6)
Fans of Lana and Andy Wachowski will have to wait a little bit longer to delve into the probably dizzying mythology of Jupiter Ascending. Warner Bros. has bumped the sci-fi spectacle from a long-scheduled July 18 release to Feb. 6, 2015, EW confirmed Tuesday.
Starring Channing Tatum as a “half-wolf, half-albino warrior” and Mila Kunis as a janitor whose perfect genetic makeup threatens the reign of the Queen of the Universe, the story kicks into gear when the Queen attempts to have her assassinated. Sean Bean, Eddie Redmayne and Gugu Mbatha-Raw also star in the film, which has already debuted a number of trailers. Check out the latest one after the jump. READ FULL STORY
Mila Kunis’ character Jupiter Jones may clean toilets for a living, but she also poses a threat to the reign of the Queen of the Universe thanks to her perfect genetic makeup in the Wachowskis’ latest sci-fi spectacle Jupiter Ascending. Fortunately she has a protector in the form of a glassy-eyed, part-albino/part-wolf Caine (Channing Tatum).
In Jupiter Ascending, the Wachowskis’ latest futuristic sci-fi actioner, Channing Tatum plays a half-wolf, half-albino warrior because of course he does. Tatum’s character, Caine, is tasked with protecting Jupiter, an astrologically and genetically fated janitor played by Mila Kunis. This marks the Wachowskis’ first fully original screenplay since 2003’s The Matrix Revolutions, following 2008’s Speed Racer and 2012’s Cloud Atlas. Warner Bros. released the first trailer for the film last month, but this image offers another glimpse of Tatum’s bleached hair and the prosthetics he has donned for the role.
Jupiter Ascending is currently slated to hit theaters on July 18.
Lana and Andy Wachowski’s next film Jupiter Ascending has set a release date of July 25, 2014. Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum, Eddie Redmayne, and Sean Bean have all been cast in the film.
Although no official plot details have been released, the film reportedly is about a time in the future where humans are one of the least evolved species. Vulture reported last year that Kunis would be playing a Russian immigrant who is dangerous to those in power because she has “genetic makeup” matching the queen’s and Tatum would play her bounty-hunter turned lover.
But for all we know, the film could be like the Wachowskis’ last joint, Cloud Atlas, and just be about everything.
Casting Net: Sean Bean teams up with the Wachowskis; Plus Paul Walker is ‘Agent 47′, Felicity Jones, Morena Baccarin, and more
Wachowskis to descend back into action sci-fi with ‘Jupiter Ascending’
Mila Kunis gets a lesson in U.K. pub culture in awkward-yet-charming BBC interview
Casting Net: Sean Bean teams up with the Wachowskis; Plus Paul Walker is 'Agent 47', Felicity Jones, Morena Baccarin, and more
• Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings) has signed on to star in Lana and Andy Wachowski’s next film, Jupiter Ascending as “a Han Solo-type.” The English actor will join Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, and Eddie Redmayne in the film, reportedly about galaxies, a bounty hunter, a toilet-scrubbing Russian immigrant (Kunis), and DNA. [Deadline]
• [UPDATED] Paul Walker (The Fast and the Furious) has been tapped to star as the cloned super-assassin Agent 47 in a reboot of 2007’s Hitman. Skip Woods, who wrote the screenplay for Hitman (based on the video game), will be responsible for writing this film as well. Commercial director Aleksander Bach is set to direct Agent 47, which will shoot this summer in Berlin and Singapore. [Deadline]
• [UPDATED] Michael Keaton has been confirmed to join the new DreamWorks film, Need for Speed alongside Aaron Paul, Kid Cudi, and Dominic Cooper. Based on the video game of the same name, the film follows a street racer forced to go on the run. Keaton “will play the reclusive and eccentric host of an underground supercar race where he invites the best drivers from around the world.” [THR]
• Like Crazy actress Felicity Jones will join James Franco and Jonah Hill in True Story, an adaptation of New York Times Magazine contributor Michael Finkel’s memoir – a strange In Cold Blood-style tale. After being fired from the magazine for creating a false, composite character for a story, Finkel (Hill) begins to investigate Christian Longo (Franco), a man wanted for allegedly killing his family, who’d also taken on a new name and identity: Michael Finkel. [Deadline]
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Into the Woods' First Look: New photos, concept art, and inside dish
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron' trailer leaks: What we saw
- 'Game of Thrones' season 5: 7 rumors debunked
- Disney animated films: Best/worst
- J.Lo in Vegas? 5 lessons Britney Spears taught us
- HBO comedy 'Togetherness' heads for the beach in First Look photo
- Meet Julie Meyer on new episode of EW's 'Polished': Actress gets Zen about the Hollywood grind
- Stephen Amell and Co. preview 'Arrow': Will Oliver find out about Thea-Malcolm partnership?