Mila Kunis’ character Jupiter Jones may clean toilets for a living, but she also poses a threat to the reign of the Queen of the Universe thanks to her perfect genetic makeup in the Wachowskis’ latest sci-fi spectacle Jupiter Ascending. Fortunately she has a protector in the form of a glassy-eyed, part-albino/part-wolf Caine (Channing Tatum).
Tag: Jupiter Ascending (1-4 of 4)
In Jupiter Ascending, the Wachowskis’ latest futuristic sci-fi actioner, Channing Tatum plays a half-wolf, half-albino warrior because of course he does. Tatum’s character, Caine, is tasked with protecting Jupiter, an astrologically and genetically fated janitor played by Mila Kunis. This marks the Wachowskis’ first fully original screenplay since 2003′s The Matrix Revolutions, following 2008′s Speed Racer and 2012′s Cloud Atlas. Warner Bros. released the first trailer for the film last month, but this image offers another glimpse of Tatum’s bleached hair and the prosthetics he has donned for the role.
Jupiter Ascending is currently slated to hit theaters on July 18.
Lana and Andy Wachowski’s next film Jupiter Ascending has set a release date of July 25, 2014. Mila Kunis, Channing Tatum, Eddie Redmayne, and Sean Bean have all been cast in the film.
Although no official plot details have been released, the film reportedly is about a time in the future where humans are one of the least evolved species. Vulture reported last year that Kunis would be playing a Russian immigrant who is dangerous to those in power because she has “genetic makeup” matching the queen’s and Tatum would play her bounty-hunter turned lover.
But for all we know, the film could be like the Wachowskis’ last joint, Cloud Atlas, and just be about everything.
Casting Net: Sean Bean teams up with the Wachowskis; Plus Paul Walker is ‘Agent 47′, Felicity Jones, Morena Baccarin, and more
Wachowskis to descend back into action sci-fi with ‘Jupiter Ascending’
Mila Kunis gets a lesson in U.K. pub culture in awkward-yet-charming BBC interview
Casting Net: Sean Bean teams up with the Wachowskis; Plus Paul Walker is 'Agent 47', Felicity Jones, Morena Baccarin, and more
• Sean Bean (Game of Thrones, Lord of the Rings) has signed on to star in Lana and Andy Wachowski’s next film, Jupiter Ascending as “a Han Solo-type.” The English actor will join Channing Tatum, Mila Kunis, and Eddie Redmayne in the film, reportedly about galaxies, a bounty hunter, a toilet-scrubbing Russian immigrant (Kunis), and DNA. [Deadline]
• [UPDATED] Paul Walker (The Fast and the Furious) has been tapped to star as the cloned super-assassin Agent 47 in a reboot of 2007′s Hitman. Skip Woods, who wrote the screenplay for Hitman (based on the video game), will be responsible for writing this film as well. Commercial director Aleksander Bach is set to direct Agent 47, which will shoot this summer in Berlin and Singapore. [Deadline]
• [UPDATED] Michael Keaton has been confirmed to join the new DreamWorks film, Need for Speed alongside Aaron Paul, Kid Cudi, and Dominic Cooper. Based on the video game of the same name, the film follows a street racer forced to go on the run. Keaton “will play the reclusive and eccentric host of an underground supercar race where he invites the best drivers from around the world.” [THR]
• Like Crazy actress Felicity Jones will join James Franco and Jonah Hill in True Story, an adaptation of New York Times Magazine contributor Michael Finkel’s memoir – a strange In Cold Blood-style tale. After being fired from the magazine for creating a false, composite character for a story, Finkel (Hill) begins to investigate Christian Longo (Franco), a man wanted for allegedly killing his family, who’d also taken on a new name and identity: Michael Finkel. [Deadline]
Latest Videos in Movies
- Natalie Dormer talks Margaery (and a little Cressida)
- 'Scandal' scores its highest-rated season finale
- 'Transcendence': EW movie review
- 'Heaven Is for Real': EW movie review
- 'Orphan Black': Creators' secrets from the set
- 'Scandal' recap: 'The Price of Free and Fair Elections'
- 'Workaholics' guy visits Pawnee
- Joss Whedon's 'In Your Eyes': Watch how it starts
- 'Parks and Recreation' finale: 'Workaholics' star Blake Anderson to guest -- EXCLUSIVE
- George R.R. Martin reveals what a full-sized dragon looks like
- 'Scandal' season finale recap: 'I'm the Scandal'
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes
- Lindsay Lohan says 'sex list' is real, but there's an unfortunate reason…