The Hollywood Foreign Press Association has announced the quartet of actors who will be on hand to reveal the nominees for the 72nd Golden Globes. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kate Beckinsale (1-9 of 9)
Before the Twilight franchise swept the box office, the Underworld series had a monopoly on the cinematic war between vampires and werewolves. Led by Kate Beckinsale, the original 2003 film spawned three sequels—and now it appears the series is getting rebooted.
As The Hollywood Reporter originally reported, the studio behind Underworld, Lakeshore Entertainment, has hired Cory Goodman to pen the reboot’s script. Goodman’s previous work includes the vampire-human war depicted in Priest, as well as the upcoming Vin Diesel film The Last Witch Hunter.
The last film in the series, Underworld: Awakening, debuted in 2012 and went on to become the franchise’s highest earner at the worldwide box office by a wide margin. But despite that recent success, Lakeshore should be sure to choose the reboot’s star wisely: The only Underworld film not to feature Beckinsale, 2009’s Underworld: Rise of the Lycans, finished its run as the worst-performing entry in the franchise.
• Magic Mike star Channing Tatum is in early talks to produce and star in Bad Romance for writer and director Jonathan Levine (50/50). No details about the plot were revealed. Tatum can be seen next in Bennett Miller’s Foxcatcher, recently bumped to a 2014 release, and 22 Jump Street. He also voices the part of Superman in The Lego Movie. [THR]
Casting Net: 'Kings of Summer' star Nick Robinson headed for 'Jurassic World'; Plus, Kate Beckinsale, more
• The Kings of Summer breakout actor Nick Robinson is currently in talks to join the cast of Universal’s Jurassic World. Robinson, who also stars on ABC Family’s Melissa & Joey, is slated to play Ty Simpkins’ (Iron Man 3) older brother in the upcoming installment of the Jurassic Park series, which also stars Bryce Dallas Howard (The Help). Jurassic World, produced by Steven Spielberg, Frank Marshall, and Pat Crowley, will be released June 12, 2015. [The Wrap]
READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: Christian Bale in early talks to play Moses; Plus, Vincent D'Onofrio, Greg Kinnear, more
• Christian Bale may be joining a long line of Moseses, a list that includes Sir Ben Kingsley, Mel Brooks, Burt Lancaster, and Charlton Heston. According to a report, Ridley Scott is developing the Fox Moses movie Exodus, which is currently undergoing a rewrite by Moneyball co-writer Steve Zaillian. Bale is in very early talks to star. Scott hopes to begin work on the film as soon as he wraps The Counselor with Brad Pitt. Warner Bros. also has a Moses project in the works — Steven Spielberg was attached to direct Gods And Kings but recently dropped out of the project. They’re reportedly trying to get Ang Lee to sign on as a replacement. [Deadline]
• Vincent D’Onofrio, who will always be Dawson from Adventures in Babysitting to us, is set to play Robert Downey Jr.’s brother in David Dobkin‘s The Judge. We reported earlier this week that Robert Duvall had signed on to play their father. D’Onofrio has a slew of projects in the works including the cracked-out-but-still-awesome-sounding Pawn Shop Chronicles with Norman Reedus, Elijah Wood, Paul Walker, and Ashlee Simpson. [THR]
• Greg Kinnear (Little Miss Sunshine) and Josh Lawson (The Campaign) have joined the star-studded cast of Anchorman: The Legend Continues. There’s no word yet on what their roles might be, but we can probably assume that Kinnear will take the anchor’s desk once more. Anyone else hope he’s going to poke fun at his past life on Talk Soup? [Deadline]
• Underworld franchise star Kate Beckinsale is in talks to join Brad Anderson‘s (The Call) Eliza Graves, an adaptation of Edgar Allan Poe’s The System of Doctor Tarr and Professor Fether. [THR]
Casting Net: Rose Byrne, Jai Courtney, Charlie Day
Casting Net: Leslie Mann may star in ‘The Other Woman’; Plus Robert Duvall, Amy Ryan
Casting Net: Drew Barrymore reunites with Adam Sandler
'Total Recall' Comic-Con panel: Colin Farrell talks filling Arnold's shoes, and a neat homage to the 1990 version
The Project: Total Recall
The Panel: Colin Farrell, Kate Beckinsale, Bryan Cranston, Jessica Biel, director Len Wiseman
The Big Revelations: With the film heading to theaters in exactly a month, there wasn’t much more to reveal that hasn’t already been revealed. But there were a few interesting tidbits featured in the footage screened. So…
Footage Screened: Wiseman unveiled a six-minute sizzle reel, which was essentially an expanded version of the most recent trailer. But I did pick out two key new moments: One, after Colin Farrell’s Douglas Quaid is plunged into his Rekall-driven spy adventure, he realizes he has to get rid of his phone, since that’s how he’s being tracked. One problem: It’s inside his hand.
And two: READ FULL STORY
Finally! We’d heard reports that it was real, that it was actually happening. But in the latest trailer for Total Recall, we finally get to see the three-breasted mutant woman for ourselves.
Of course, the mythic figure harkens back to the 1990 adaptation of the head-squeezing Philip K. Dick sci-fi story that starred Arnold Schwarzenegger. Is the new version better? Welllll, this isn’t a red band trailer, so final judgment will likely have to wait until after the film hits theaters Aug. 3. But have a look for yourself: READ FULL STORY
Casting Net: 'Iron Man 3' lands new villain. Plus: Kate Beckinsale, Morgan Freeman, Anthony Hopkins, Annette Bening, Larry David, Jane Fonda
• Morgan Freeman is in talks to join the increasingly impressive cast of the older-men-on-a-bachelor-party-bender comedy Last Vegas, starring Michael Douglas and Robert DeNiro. [Deadline]
• Helena Bonham Carter and Kathy Bates have joined The Young and Prodigious Spivet, an English-language coming-of-age road film from Amélie director Jean-Pierre Jeunet, about a precocious 12-year-old boy (Kyle Catlett) en route from Montana to the Smithsonian Museum. Jeunet cowrote the script with regular collaborator Guillaume Laurant. [Variety]
• Larry David is in talks to star and Greg Mottola (Superbad) is in talks to direct an untitled comedy. Seinfeld and Curb Your Enthusiasm scribes Alec Berg, David Mandel, and Jeff Schaffer penned the screenplay, but the film will reportedly be partially improvised. [THR]
Check out project news for Anthony Hopkins, Annette Bening, Kate Beckinsale, Nick Nolte, Jane Fonda, Joel Edgerton, John Cusack, Max Greenfield below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Arrow'; 'The 100'; 'American Idol'; more TV recaps
- 'The Americans'; 'Empire'; 'Top Chef'; 'Broad City'; more TV recaps
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- Super Bowl battle of the banned ads: Pick your all-time fave in our bracket showdown
- Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza talk 'Parks and Rec': Andy and April spin-off 'behind the bedroom door'?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- Angels and Airwaves premieres half-animated video for 'Tunnels'
- 'Bachelor' seminar: Prof. Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' response to Britt
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive