Following Tuesday’s casting announcement in the female-led Ghostbusters reboot, the project has been given an official July 22, 2016, release date. READ FULL STORY
Tag: Kate McKinnon (1-4 of 4)
Director Paul Feig is teaming up with Bridesmaids stars Kristen Wiig and Melissa McCarthy once again, this time for his upcoming female-led version of Ghostbusters—and Saturday Night Live stand-outs Leslie Jones and Kate McKinnon are joining the party too.
The Hollywood Reporter initially reported the news that the four actresses will be starring in the reboot, and Feig followed up with a wordless tweet featuring a photo of Wiig, McCarthy, Jones, and McKinnon. READ FULL STORY
Kate McKinnon knows her way around a hyper-intense lady.
On Saturday Night Live, the comedian has made a name for herself going all-in on characters that wouldn’t place at the self-awareness Olympics. (“Crazy eyes” is a nickname one could often use to describe her creations.) Now, she’s bringing that energy to Intramural, her first major role in a feature film.
Intramural, a send-up of feel-good sports stories, centers around a group of fifth-year college seniors, led by Caleb (The Office‘s Jake Lacy), who attempt to relive the glory days by reuniting the old intramural football team and doubling down on a rivalry that runs deep. McKinnon portrays Caleb’s eccentric, demanding girlfriend-turned-fiancée, Vicky. “The film is so goofy,” McKinnon tells EW about the movie that’s screening as part of the Tribeca Film Festival this week. “I did this film with really great guys [including SNLers Jay Pharoah and Beck Bennett] and it was so much fun being in Austin for the summer [for the shoot]. It was like summer camp. It’s a wild romp and so fun.”
Read on for McKinnon’s thoughts about why so many of her characters could kindly be called clueless, her Intramural co-stars, and Saturday Night Live — because clearly we had to ask her about the already-classic musical sketch “Twin Bed.” READ FULL STORY
With the recent end of March Madness, we know sports can be a very serious thing. Luckily, not for everyone.
Intramural is the epic sports film for those who don’t really know or care much about athletics. Jake Lacy (The Office) stars as Caleb, a fifth-year senior and former college intramural champion who gave up the game after his best friend paralyzed his “little friend” on the game-winning play. Back for redemption, Caleb reunites his team in the hilarious send-up of inspirational sports movies (think training montages, lots of training montages) to face off against their rivals, reigning champs the Titans. Twilight‘s Nikki Reed also stars in a cast that includes SNL regulars Kate McKinnon, Jay Pharaoh, and Beck Bennett. Andrew Disney (Searching for Sonny) directs. Watch the trailer below: READ FULL STORY
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Arrow'; 'The 100'; 'American Idol'; more TV recaps
- 'The Americans'; 'Empire'; 'Top Chef'; 'Broad City'; more TV recaps
- Super Bowl ads of 2015: Watch the early arrivals here
- Super Bowl battle of the banned ads: Pick your all-time fave in our bracket showdown
- Chris Pratt and Aubrey Plaza talk 'Parks and Rec': Andy and April spin-off 'behind the bedroom door'?
- 'Party Down South' season 3 peek: Meet Hannah, the new hell-raiser
- Angels and Airwaves premieres half-animated video for 'Tunnels'
- 'Bachelor' seminar: Prof. Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' response to Britt
- 'Grey's Anatomy' boss teases new doctors and new relationships
- Jimmy Kimmel breaks down Chris Soules' speech from 'The Bachelor'
- 'Walking Dead' actor joins 'Criminal Minds' spinoff
- 'Arrow' star Katie Cassidy on suiting up as Black Canary: 'It's messy'
- Daryl, Eugene, and Rosita look super-intense in new 'Walking Dead' photos -- exclusive