EW gave you your first look at Scarlett Johansson in Lucy. Now, you can see the just released trailer for Luc Besson’s action thriller, which stars Johansson as a young woman who gains superpowers after a drug smuggling attempt gone wrong. And when we say superpowered, we’re not just talking increased strength and speed.
Tag: Luc Besson (1-5 of 5)
When it comes to the Blake family, old habits certainly die hard. In The Family, Robert De Niro plays Fred Blake, a mobster forced to move to France under witness protection with his family. But from the looks of the new international teaser trailer, Fred, his wife Maggie (Michelle Pfeiffer) and children Belle (Dianna Agron) and Warren (John D’Leo) have a hard time lying low. Poor Tommy Lee Jones has to try and pick up the pieces and keep this mobster family under wraps.
Though the premise might be a little familiar — My Blue Heaven? Lilyhammer? — the cast certainly has piqued my interest. Who wouldn’t want to see Tommy Lee Jones and a scruffy Robert De Niro face off? Or Michelle Pfeiffer blowing things up? Plus, I’m a bit curious to see if Glee‘s Dianna Agron has the makings of a film star.
There’s plenty of violence, one-liners, and beautiful surroundings — clear marks of director Luc Besson’s handiwork. The Family (or Malavita, as it’s being called in Europe) is due in theaters on Sept. 13. Check out the trailer below: READ FULL STORY
• French director Luc Besson, who introduced the world to Natalie Portman in The Professional, has cast Scarlett Johansson as his lead in his newest film, Lucy. In the film, Lucy is forced to be a drug mule. But, when the drug gets into her system, she turns into a super-being with telekinesis abilities, martial arts skills, and the helpful bonus of being immune to pain. Johansson is certainly finding a new life as an action star ever since she took on the role of Natasha Romanoff for the Marvel universe. She also stars in Joseph Gordon-Levitt’s directorial debut (and festival favorite) Don Jon, which finally hits theaters on October 18. [THR]
• James Franco is continuing his auteur tour, and may sign on to star in Werner Herzog’s (Grizzly Man) Queen of the Desert about Gertrude Bell, the turn of the 20th century British adventurer. Jude Law was attached to star but dropped out due to scheduling conflicts. The report says that Ridley Scott may also have a Gertrude Bell in the works that Angelina Jolie is interested in. There is no word yet on which actress would play Bell in Herzog’s version. [Deadline]
Dianna Agron, A.K.A. Glee’s Quinn Fabray, has confirmed via her Twitter feed that she is in talks to play Robert De Niro’s daughter in the Luc Besson movie Malavita. The comedy thriller will follow an American mobster (De Niro) who moves to France under a Witness Protection Program but finds it hard to let go of his domineering ways, ultimately attracting the attention of the people he’s hiding from. Michelle Pfeiffer will play De Niro’s wife (and mother to Agron).
The casting news, broken by the Hollywood Reporter, also noted that Tommy Lee Jones is also in negotiations to come aboard.
Based on a novel by Tonino Benacquista, the script is being co-written by Besson who is also attached to direct. This could well be Agron’s road to a big-screen future after last year’s poorly received I Am Number Four.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Fifty Shades of Grey': First trailer's here
- Batman's new cowl is Comic-Con eye candy
- Comic-Con 2014 Preview Night: And we're off...
- 'Ant-Man' Comic-Con poster: First Look
- 'Constantine': Comic-Con's verdict?
- 'Lucy': EW movie review
- 'Avengers: Age of Ultron': 2 concept art posters
- Comic-Con: Norman Reedus as Marshmallow Man?