• Aaron Taylor-Johnson, who starred as the title character in Kick-Ass, is set to join The Avengers: Age of Ultron where he’ll play the part of Quicksilver — twin to the Scarlet Witch (Elizabeth Olsen) and son of Magneto. According to the report, the British actor had to figure out his publicity duties for the new Godzilla (which also stars Olsen) prior to committing to the sequel, which reunites Scarlett Johansson, Robert Downey Jr, Chris Hemsworth, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Samuel L. Jackson, and Jeremy Renner. The Joss Whedon-directed sequel to 2012’s hugely successful The Avengers is set to hit theaters on May 1, 2015. Taylor-Johnson also starred alongside Keira Knightley as Vronsky in Joe Wright’s Anna Karenina and is married to Sam Taylor-Johnson, who is directing Fifty Shades of Grey. [The Wrap]
Tag: Mackenzie Foy (1-6 of 6)
Casting Net: Jessica Chastain in talks for 'A Most Violent Year'; Plus, Linda Cardellini, Anna Kendrick
• Jessica Chastain is eyeing the starring role in J.C. Chandor’s new film A Most Violent Year. Chastain would play opposite Javier Bardem in the film. [Variety]
• Christopher Nolan‘s Interstellar has rounded out its cast nicely today with the addition of John Lithgow, Ellen Burstyn, and Mackenzie Foy (The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2). Sources close to the project told The Wrap that the actors were in talks to join the project — a story about explorers who travel through a wormhole into a different dimension. Already attached to the star-studded film are Matthew McConaughey, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Casey Affleck, and Michael Caine. [The Wrap]
READ FULL STORY
• Director Noah Baumbach (Greenberg) knows how to pour lemon juice in the open wounds of aging Gen X-ers. Who better to cast in his film about a pair of middle-aged marrieds yearning for youth than Ad-Rock, or Adam Horovitz, of the Beastie Boys? If cast, Horovitz would play the guy who has grown up, had a kid, and basically moved on with his life, bringing Naomi Watts and Ben Stiller’s still-childless relationship into harsh perspective. Adam Driver and Amanda Seyfried star as the young free spirits who Watts and Stiller befriend. Horovitz is no stranger to acting work, and has appeared in a number of projects over the years including A Kiss Before Dying. [The Wrap]
From a human-vampire hybrid to a pair of precocious love birds, these kids stole the show in some of this year’s biggest flicks. The peewee actors mirrored their strong-willed characters’ strengths, stirring Oscar buzz for several of their roles in 2012.
Mackenzie Foy, the young actress who plays Renesmee — the daughter of Bella and Edward — in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 1 and 2, has been cast in Wish You Well, a drama co-starring Ellen Burstyn and Josh Lucas, EW has confirmed. READ FULL STORY
The character of Renesmee, the half-human, half-vampire baby maturing at an unnatural rate, lies at the heart of the drama in The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn — Part 2.
And picking the right actress was essential. “It’s a hugely important part, says director Bill Condon, who spotted Mackenzie Foy, now 11, early on in the audition process. “But this was kind of obvious. It was one of those rare times when you see something — like with an apartment or house — and it feels good and you just need to take it. I felt that way, like, ‘Oh, this is good.'”
Foy grew up outside of Los Angeles and has been working steadily — she booked her first gig, modeling for Ralph Lauren at the age of 3 — modeling, appearing in commercials, and acting on TV shows such as ‘Til Death, Hawaii Five-O, and Flashforward. She picked up some new skills while shooting Breaking Dawn, thanks to her famous costars. Taylor Lautner taught her how to throw a football and Kristen Stewart gave her tips on summoning tears onscreen. (“She said to think of something sad for a very long time.”)
The actress, who is homeschooled, just completed fifth grade. She says hopes to continue being an actress — and eventually a director — for the rest of her life. But in the near future? “I’m going to swim and eat popsicles.”
For more on Breaking Dawn—Part 2, and to see exclusive photos from the film, pick up the new issue of Entertainment Weekly, on sale now.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Colbert Report' wraps with an immortal, star-studded finale
- 25 best 'Stephen Colbert' moments
- Stephen Colbert's 6 most awkward in-character interviews
- People Magazine Awards: 5 best moments
- 'White Collar': Perfect 'Au Revoir' to our favorite con artist?
- 'Suits' promo reveals Louis' next move
- 'Game of Thrones' refashions Arya's look
- Neil Patrick Harris arrives at the freak show in 'American Horror Story' promo
- 'The Colbert Report' wraps up with an immortal, star-studded finale
- Louis' next move revealed in 'Suits' promo -- exclusive
- 'The Walking Dead' star Andrew Lincoln talks 'cruel' twist and reveals the true meaning behind the 'shut…
- 'People' names Kate Upton 'Sexiest Woman Alive'
- 'The Walking Dead' showrunner Scott M. Gimple answers midseason finale burning questions