• Michael Caine (The Dark Knight Rises) will star in the secretive project In The Future from Italian director Paolo Sorrentino (The Great Beauty). The two-time Oscar winner (for Hannah and Her Sisters and The Cider House Rules) is currently working on Christopher Nolan’s sci-fi adventure Interstellar. Caine also has a part in Brad Anderson’s Eliza Graves (based on Edgar Allan Poe’s short story) with Kate Beckinsale, Jim Sturgess, and Ben Kingsley. [Variety]
Tag: Michael K. Williams (1-6 of 6)
• Felicity Jones may have helped put director Drake Doremus on the map with her affecting performance in his lovely indie Like Crazy, and then again in Breathe In, but Doremus is eying a new heroine for his next project: Kristen Stewart. The director is reportedly courting the Twilight star and Nicholas Hoult (Warm Bodies) for Equals, a science fiction love story. Moon scribe Nathan Parker wrote the script. [Deadline]
• Rachel McAdams is set to join Wim Wenders’ Every Thing Will Be Fine, which tells the story of a writer (James Franco) who causes the death of a young boy. McAdams will take on the role of Franco’s girlfriend — a part that Sarah Polley was originally attached to play. Charlotte Gainsbourg (Melancholia) will appear as the slain boy’s mother. The story chronicles the 10 years after the accident. [THR]
• Hopefully Rooney Mara (Side Effects) and Martin Sheen (The Departed) will get a chance to trade Terrence Malick stories when they begin filming Trash in Rio De Janeiro next month. The two actors have signed on to star in the adaptation of Andy Mulligan’s 2010 young adult novel about three homeless boys living in an intentionally ambiguous “third world” country in the near future who discover something in a trash heap worth protecting. Mara will play an NGO worker and Sheen is set for the part of Father Julliard. Rickson Teves, Eduardo Luis, and Gabriel Weinstein will make their film debuts as the three boys. Stephen Daldry (The Hours) is set to direct the project, which was adapted for the screen by Richard Curtis (War Horse). [Deadline]
At first, Snitch sounds like a down-and-dirty B-grade vigilante movie with Dwayne Johnson as its rough-and-tumble center. (Not that there’s anything wrong with that!) But then Susan Sarandon shows up as a hard-charging prosecutor keen on leveraging Johnson’s son — set-up for a drug deal gone bad — to hook the bigger fish in the drug smuggling business, forcing Johnson to take on the task of infiltrating the cartel himself. With The Walking Dead‘s Jon Bernthal, Boardwalk Empire‘s Michael K. Williams, Benjamin Bratt as the big bad head of the cartel, and Barry Pepper looking all Sons of Anarchy as a DEA agent, suddenly, this is looking like a down-and-dirty A-grade vigilante movie. And that’s before Johnson starts wreaking havoc with a semi.
Check out the trailer below: READ FULL STORY
As the deadly stick-up man Omar Little on The Wire and the fearsome bootlegger Chalky White on Boardwalk Empire, actor Michael K. Williams has played his share of tough SOBs. Now he’s going to take on a bastard.
An Ol’ Dirty one.
EW has learned exclusively that Williams, 45, will star in an upcoming film about the legendary Wu-Tang Clan rapper and all-around troubled soul Russell Jones, a.k.a. Ol’ Dirty Bastard, whose impressive mic skills and outrageous showmanship were eclipsed by his erratic offstage behavior, assorted arrests, and an early death.
Joaquín Baca-Asay, the cinematographer on We Own the Night, Roger Dodger and Jay-Z’s video for 99 Problems, is also joining the project, making his feature directorial debut.
The movie is based on the final years of ODB’s life — that is nonetheless stranger than fiction.
Latest Videos in Movies
- Winners and losers of Summer 2014
- 30 Days of Binge: Take our tips to dive into 'Lost'; a 2014 hit you missed; or a TV classic that passed you by
- 'Agents of SHIELD': First 30-second glimpse of season 2
- Angelina Jolie-Brad Pitt wedding photos debut in People
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards
- Jennifer Lawrence nude pics: FBI issues statement
- 'Hullabaloo': Will fans of hand-drawn animation art fund this indie short?
- 'Unauthorized Saved by the Bell Story': 100 things that happened (maybe?)
- 100 things that apparently happened, as told by 'The Unauthorized Saved…
- Internet grinds to halt as nude pics of Jennifer Lawrence, others surface
- FBI issues statement on leaked nude photos of Jennifer Lawrence, others
- CeeLo Green tweets that only women who 'remember' can be raped (Updated)
- EW's 2014 Summer Movie Awards