• Downton Abbey’s Lady Sybil Crawley — a.k.a. Jessica Brown Findlay — has landed the lead female role in Akiva Goldsman‘s adaptation of Mark Helprin‘s acclaimed 1983 novel Winter’s Tale. In the heightened period fantasy/drama hybrid, Findlay will play a wealthy young woman dying of consumption who, as one does, falls in love with a desperate thief when he breaks into her massive mansion. Aaron Johnson (Kick Ass) and Garrett Hedlund (TRON: Legacy) are reportedly in the running for the thief role, and Russell Crowe is likely to join as the thief’s main antagonist with the most excellent name Pearly Soames. It will be Goldsman’s directorial debut. [Deadline] READ FULL STORY
Tag: Percy Jackson and the Olympians (1-2 of 2)
He’s the very model of a modern major Prime Minister in The Ghost Writer. He’s quite the Centaur in Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. He’s soon to be seen as Robert Pattinson’s father in Remember Me. Is there nothing Pierce Brosnan cant do? I mean, other than sing, in Mamma Mia!?
No, the answer is no: There is nothing Brosnan can’t do. And everything he does do on screen these days, he does with a gusto, energy, and freedom that James Bond – Brosnan’s most iconic on-screen character — might envy. So this blog item is just an ode, a song of happiness, a paean of praise to an actor who takes work seriously, but not his movie-star image. (Did you see him in The Matador?) Who enhances every movie he’s in, whether he can carry a tune or not. (Did you hear him butcher “S.O.S”?) Who, like a select category of lucky middle-aged male actors who feel comfortable in their own skin, can turn a flawed character into a man we can’t stop watching. (My favorite: Brosnan as the sleazy British secret service guy in John Boorman’s excellent, underrated 2001 adaptation of John le Carre’s The Tailor of Panama).
Are you with me on this? Got a favorite Brosnan moment? While you ponder, enjoy the former 007 in a less than dapper moment.
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Brick Mansions': EW movie review
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2': Pleased to meet...Electro?
- Bryan Singer statement on abuse claims
- 'Mentalist' being shopped to networks outside CBS
- 'Begin Again': Keira Knightley song for Adam Levine
- 'Parks and Rec': 9 hints about season finale
- 'Parks and Rec' finale: Watch the opening scene
- Katy Perry's 'Birthday': Master of disguise?
- Colbert shows Letterman his real personality on 'Late Show' 680
- Aaron Sorkin apologizes for 'The Newsroom': 'There isn't a single episode of television I've written that I don't wish I could get back and do again' 525
- The Spy Who Shacked Me 484
- Slaves to Love 512
- Facebook campaign asks for crew boycott as 'Midnight Rider' production resumes 387
- 'How I Met Your Mother' spin-off casts Meg Ryan
- 'Jurassic World': See the first images from the set of next summer's dinosaur flick -- EXCLUSIVE
- A serious attempt to explain Avril Lavigne's 'Hello Kitty' music video
- 'Survivor' recap: The Spy Who Shacked Me
- 'Arrow' post mortem: Boss opens up about the shocking [spoiler]!