Yes, the Sundance Film Festival is a temple to the glory of independent film and the purity of the art of cinema and blah blah blah. But it is also a vital marketplace for indie distributors to find the next blockbuster Little Miss Sunshine, or acclaimed Beasts of the Southern Wild, or wildly overpriced Happy, Texas. With the festival drawing to a close, Sundance 2013 has already proven to be one of the biggest deal-making festivals in recent memory, producing several major sales of movies that will either go on to become some of the buzziest films of the year, or, you know… not. We’ll update this space with additional deal reports throughout the week ahead. Here are the highlights so far: READ FULL STORY
Tag: S-VHS (1-1 of 1)
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'SNL' preview: What to expect from Blake Shelton?
- 'SNL': 10 best (and 5 worst) host/musical guests
- Kirby Dick's 'The Hunting Ground' challenges U.S. colleges on an 'epidemic' of campus rape
- Michael Fassbender in 'Slow West': 3 First Look photos
- Bill Maher on why 'American Sniper' is a blockbuster while 'Hurt Locker' was not
- Melissa Rauch on gymnastic sex scene in 'The Bronze' at Sundance: 'you write what you know'
- 'Westworld' team on what their secretive show is about: 'the things that keep you up at night'
- 'Transparent': Binging? Read our recaps of all 10 episodes
- 'Big Bang Theory' star's gymnastic sex scene scores a '10' at Sundance
- 'Westworld' producers hint HBO's drama has great, freaky potential
- Bill Maher calls 'American Sniper' Chris Kyle 'a psychopath patriot'
- 'Grey's Anatomy': Derek really is leaving -- what does this mean for Patrick Dempsey?
- 'RoboCop,' new 'House of Cards,' and more coming to Netflix in February