• A host of young actors are reportedly circling the long-gestating John Belushi biopic. The Weather Man scribe Steve Conrad is set to write and direct and has reportedly met with Emile Hirsch (Prince Avalanche) and Workaholics lead Adam Devine about playing the famed comedian who died of a drug overdose at the age of 33. According to the report, Joaquin Phoenix‘s (The Master) name has also been thrown around. Conrad is also on the hunt for an actor to portray Belushi’s friend and Blues Brothers co-star Dan Aykroyd, and has reportedly met with New Girl vet Nelson Franklin as a possible contender. The Hangover’s Todd Phillips was originally slated to direct the project for Warner Bros., but Conrad will now both write and direct. Shooting is planned to begin in early 2014. [THR]
Tag: Seann William Scott (1-4 of 4)
What’s curvaceous and a bit naughty, with a greenish palor? This exclusive poster, below, for the upcoming mega celebrity-filled ensemble comedy Movie 43!
Touted as “The biggest cast every assembled, for the most outrageous comedy ever made,” the poster boasts a bada-boom outline of a greenish woman’s body with the movie’s title as the, er, crotch clincher. Helmed by several directors, including Peter Farrelly (There’s Something About Mary, Dumb and Dumber), the film stars a serious litany of A-list names, including — take a long breath — Halle Berry, Naomi Watts, Kate Winslet, Elizabeth Banks, Kate Bosworth, Gerard Butler, Kieran Culkin, Josh Duhamel, Anna Faris, Chris Pratt, Richard Gere, Terrence Howard, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Knoxville, Chloe Moretz, Justin Long, Leslie Bibb, Liev Schreiber, Seann William Scott, Emma Stone, Jason Sudeikis, and Uma Thurman.
“Never before have such huge actors pushed the envelope so much,” Farrelly told EW last month, giving us the lowdown on scenes ranging from Winslet on a crazy blind date with Jackman to a potty-mouthed Watts and her real-life love Schreiber playing parents home-schooling their son by totally demeaning him. The movie’s set for release in theaters Jan. 25, 2013.
For more film news Follow @solvej_schou
‘Movie 43′ trailer: Kate Winslet, Naomi Watts, and Emma Stone get their NSFW on
‘Movie 43′ co-director Peter Farrelly praises comedic Kate Winslet, Naomi Watts — EXCLUSIVE
‘Movie 43′: Exclusive First Look!
There are few things more gratifying than watching A-list celebrities break type and act really, offensively stupid. Brace yourselves, then, for Movie 43, a star-studded raunchy comedy that took 12 directors and four years to make. The new red-band trailer is an orgy of R-rated shenanigans, though it’s hard to tell exactly what’s going on, as the clip is basically a hodgepodge of seemingly unrelated vignettes, Robot Chicken-style. But honestly, who cares about plot or coherence when you’ve got Oscar-nominee Naomi Watts telling her son, “You dropped your books, f–kface”?
In fact the pedigree of talent in Movie 43 is remarkable. Of course there are plenty of comedy staples: Anna Faris, Chris Pratt, Johnny Knoxville, Seann William Scott, Emma Stone. But the remainder of the cast reads like an awards-season epic: Hugh Jackman, Terrence Howard, Kate Winslet, Richard Gere, Liev Schreiber, Uma Thurman, Halle Berry.
So if you’ve been waiting your whole life to hear Terrence Howard say, “The Lord did his part already. He made you black! He gave you a foot-and-a-half–” I’m sorry, I’m sorry. You’ll have to watch the extremely inappropriate trailer yourself.
Peter Farrelly has never turned up his nose at total silliness, directing such raunchy comedies such as There’s Something About Mary and Dumb and Dumber with his brother Bobby. But collaborating as one of a dozen directors on the upcoming ensemble comedy Movie 43 had its own unique perks, not the least of which was getting to see a slew of A-list stars such as Naomi Watts and Kate Winslet let loose.
The movie, set to release Jan. 25, 2013, has a cast and story as celebrity-steeped and plot-twisty as a Robert Altman film crossed with the shameless spunkiness of Jackass. In addition to Watts and Winslet, it includes appearances by: Elizabeth Banks, Halle Berry, Kate Bosworth, Gerard Butler, Kieran Culkin, Josh Duhamel, Anna Faris, Chris Pratt, Richard Gere, Terrence Howard, Hugh Jackman, Johnny Knoxville, Chloe Moretz, Justin Long, Leslie Bibb, Liev Schreiber, Seann William Scott, Emma Stone, Jason Sudeikis, and Uma Thurman. Whoosh, that’s a mouthful. With all those actors, more than 15 writers, and several directors, including Farrelly and actress Banks herself, the movie took several years to make.
“It’s the brainchild of Charlie Wessler, who produced most of our movies. Never before have such huge actors pushed the envelope so much,” said Farrelly by phone. “Charlie knows all these people. He went to them, huge stars, like Kate Winslet, and she said, ‘I’m shooting this movie, I’m not free for a year and a half.’ This movie was made over four years, and they just had to wait for a year or two years for different actors. They would shoot for a week, and shut down for several months. Same thing with the directors. It was the type of movie you could come back to.”
Latest Videos in Movies
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy': About that ending and other spoiler-y Q's
- 'Doctor Who': 3 sneak peek pics from new episodes
- Wrestlers in movies: Best/worst performances
- Comic-Con '14: 20 bonus star portraits
- 12 who gained/lost weight for a role
- 'Supernatural,' 'Teen Wolf,' 'Mindy,' more fresh TV spoilers
- Anson Mount in 'The Breakfast Club': An EW Radio mini-production
- When A$AP Rocky went to NSFW Kathy's house...
- STAHP in the name of love 980
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams and other directors are working to save movie film 534
- DON'T PUBLISH See FIVE minutes of the 'Simpsons'-'Family Guy' crossover episode -- EXCLUSIVE VIDEO 596
- Enough, already: Why I'm quitting 'The Leftovers' 463
- Box office report: 'Lucy' slays 'Hercules' with $44 million debut 285
- Quentin Tarantino, J.J. Abrams, and other directors are trying to save Kodak
- Box office preview: 'Guardians of the Galaxy' aims for a cosmic debut
- Comic-Con '14 Star Portraits: Day 3
- Chris Pratt talks end of 'Parks and Recreation': 'I think people are ready for it to be done'
- Comic-Con '14: 20 Bonus Star Portraits