Most movies that break out of the pack, with their own special blend of technique and vision, can be said to defy categories. But Alfonso Cuarón’s Gravity, which drew massive audiences this weekend and, I suspect, spoke to them (as it did to me) in a powerful and transporting way, may be a unique case. Offhand, I can’t name a science fiction movie that mesmerizes you because it feels at once so novel and so retro, so thrillingly forward-thinking and so exquisitely cast from the visual poetry of a long-ago era. Just think about it: READ FULL STORY
Tag: Star Wars: Episode IV — A New Hope (1-1 of 1)
- 'Fifty Shades' pic: Anastasia kisses Christian
- 'Will & Grace': EW reunion!
- 'Late Night with Seth Meyers' promo art: First Look
- EW TV Recap Video: 'Amazing Race,' 'Homeland,' more
- 'RuPaul's Drag Race': Season 6 supertease
- 'Grand Theft Auto V' wins big prize at VGX
- 'Amazing Race' recap: And the winners are...
- Paul Walker memorial draws thousands